Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lovies

Well, Bug is in bed now for his nap time. Every nap or bed time we deal with I usually have to wander around the house for Bug's lovey. His pillow. Not something I would have assumed he would cling to, but there you have it. This particular nap time Rocket Scientist and I couldn't find his pillow anywhere. Rocket Scientist went outside to throw a possibly poopy diaper out in the dumpster, and as I was looking for the pillow, Bug started to walk out of his room. I gave him my stern voice "Get back in bed now!" Well, he did turn back around, but he was crying as well. One of the setbacks of using discipline. The heart ache (yours and your child's) that comes with it. While he was sobbing I heard him say something that could be interpreted as "But, my pillow...". Ouch. Another ache of the heart. I responded by saying, "I'm looking for it Bug, but you need to stay in bed."

Eventually Rocket Scientist came back in while Bug was still crying, but faithfully staying in his room, and I felt so bad for hurting him, that I thought I'd reconcile him. I head in there to give him a hug, and he asks to sit in the rocking chair. I concede even though I know I will only rock back only 2 or 3 times before he is fine. Maybe even less. Don't ask me why, but that is all it takes, yet it is still a necessity to making up. I digress... so after about 2 rocks he sees the sunblock on Rocket Scientist's computer and points it out to me with the word "ehblock". I say, "Yup, it is the sunblock". Then he starts pointing to the door and saying pillow. I hesitate... did he put the pillow outside??? I open the door. There it is. I tell him to go get it and then we put him in bed all hurts mended.

Now if I felt bad for making him cry after I scolded him, I felt even worse after we found the pillow. He was probably trying to let me know where it was. Anyway, I don't know if you are even interested in this story, but there you have it. It is typed and out for publication.

No comments: