Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Randomness... well, more like Mary Kay

So, it has been a while... sorry 'bout that. We have been having some pretty crazy days. I'm glad it is finally warming up here, and me and Bug really do enjoy the sunlight.

I have been wanting to post for a while, but I wasn't really all that sure what to write, and I have been wanting to put up pictures and videos, but my computer is so full of pictures that I need to empty them onto a CD or something before I put more on. So as lame as it is, that is pretty much my excuse for my silence.

I'm not even really sure what I'm to write, but I'll just ramble for a bit and see if a subject comes up. I vacuumed today, and by the time I got to the last room in the house (there are only 3 with carpet and one hallway) my back started hurting. Sad huh? I rested after that anyway, and took Bug outside to play while I sat and talked or rather listened to the other mothers outside while I tried to sleep on the uncomfortable camping chair.

I also recently became a Mary Kay consultant. A friend in my ward became one about 3 weeks ago or so and she was really hyped about it. I hosted a party for her to kind of help off to a good start, though it wasn't one of the best parties. In fact, I'm not even sure if it really counted as a party. Anyway, and she was begging me to join her in the company and I was kind of hesitant since I was already a consultant for Close To My Heart. Besides, the starter kit price was (and is) $100 and I really didn't have that kind of money, and still don't. She invited me to a dinner at Hamilton's with the Mary Kay consultants, and I thought "free food!" so we went. After this time I had listened to the survey line with Rocket Scientist and found out that Mary Kay consultants get 50% commission and are able to win cars.... Close To My Heart doesn't do that... in any case, I was more interested, but still hesitant with the $100 dollar fee. And plus as weird as it may seem, I am afraid to change. I want to change, yet be the same as I am now. Doesn't make sense huh? I know I need to do better, and want to do better, but don't want to put any effort into it.... crazy logic I know.

One of the things that Mary Kay really talks up is that they aren't out there to just sell product. They are out there to help other women see the potential in themselves and to gain more self-confidence. Which I believe most women are lacking. So that was another barrier to me signing up. I wasn't really expecting that going to the dinner would sign me up, or even change anything. I just wanted the free (really good) food. Even though I twisted my ankle that night, we went. Rocket Scientist and I got a babysitter for Bug and headed off. We enjoyed dinner, and then the Cadillac Sales Director came up to talk to us. She once again told us all about the benefits of being a Mary Kay consultant, and then she had a drawing. Before that we all filled out a survey about how we felt about becoming a consultant and all that. I didn't win that drawing, but then I found out that they were going to have another drawing that night. If I signed up they would draw (that night with only like 25 people present almost half of them women) for a free starter kit. Rocket Scientist whispered in my ear that if I wanted to start up, he was Ok with it, and I thought that among these women, how many are actually going to sign up? I had the ability to win a free starter kit, and the odds were pretty good. I started to fill out the paper. The drawing took place (with only like 5 entrants) and it turns out that I won. Great huh!!! In any case, I am now a consultant for Mary Kay, and hope to do well. One of my first goals is to win a car because if you know us, our car is FALLING APART!!! It is a Honda so the engine is just fine. Just the sun roof, AC, electric windows, and anything else you can think of dealing with inside the car is falling apart.

Another cool thing with Mary Kay is that if any of you women reading this want to host a party (in June), eight of your friends come to it, the party gets to $500 dollars in sales, and one of your friends hosts their own party, YOU WIN A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS!!! I'm going to try to not turn this blog into a "buy my Mary Kay stuff" blog, but the excitement is running through me and it is kind of a part of my life now (like Little Angel dieing) and I'm going to talk about it! :) I'm going to try to not sound boring or over-talk it, but still... it is a part of my life, and that is that! ;)

I guess my post is getting really long, so I'll end right here. We are doing fine for all you family who are far away and might be wondering, and I hope you are all doing well too. :)

Oh, one more thing, Rocket Scientist is trying to get a job at Quest. They will pay for his tuition and books, and maybe even more then that. The health insurance and other benefits are great as well though I don't know a whole lot more about them, but in any case, we are really hoping that he gets this job, and we would appreciate any prayers in our behalf from you all. Thanks a ton!

(I added the last part of the title after I wrote all this)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm so excited that you won the free start-up package! Hooray!

I'm loyal to Arbonne myself. I actually sold it for about a year before Isaac was born. I'm still a consultant (so I can get the discount), but selling just wasn't a good fit for my personality.

I won't be able to host any parties, but if you want me to come to one (to help you win a cruise), let me know.