Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tribute

I'm just feeling in the mood I guess to post this. If I didn't would I post it? Anyway, here are some pictures of Little Angel as he grew.


































































































































































































































































Just a few little tidbits about Little Angel. He seemed to smile sooner and more often then Bug when he was at the same age. He outgrew his clothes fast and he seemed to be developing faster then Bug had. At one week old he turned over (see this post) and he just seemed more aware of his environment. A few weeks ago at church we had a lesson from the Joseph Smith Manual and it was called Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death. The teacher asked me and a few other women to sing "I know that my Redeemer lives" for the middle of the lesson. She didn't tell me what the lesson was about, and I said yes. The few weeks before that I was really dealing with grief and all that, and I was seriously considering skipping out on the first few classes at church because my ward has two newborns in the ward and every time I hear them my heart aches again. I went to church that day because I had to sing in RS. And thank goodness I did because I really needed that lesson and I would have missed it otherwise. Anyway, I digress... I wanted to talk about this particular lesson for a reason.

There is a quote of Joseph Smith's and it says this:
I have meditated upon this subject, and asked the question, why it is that infants, innocent children, are taken away from us, especially those that seem to be the most intelligent and interesting. The strongest reasons that present themselves to my mind are these: This world is a very wicked world; and it ... grows more wicked and corrupt ... The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again...
The italics I put in because they were the part of the quote that hit me the most. Above, I wrote about all the ways that I noticed that Little Angel was learning faster then Bug. I knew all that about being able to be with him again and that he was much better off away from the sins of the world, but I must have forgotten that for a couple of weeks. Everything around me seemed to remind me of my loss. Family reunions and all that. I'm glad that the teacher was inspired to ask me to sing because if not, I just might still be dealing with hard memories and all that.

Anyway, I was just planning on having the pictures on here, and sorry there are so many. I tried to narrow them down, but in any case, I just wanted to write my feelings I guess. In about two months Little Angel would be one year old. I can't believe how the time has flown.

7 comments:

Amy said...

This is a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing. Even if you made me cry a little. I'm so sorry for your loss. You are such a strong woman.

Unknown said...

You are amazing. when we had that lesson I thought of you and him also. Thank you for your willingness to share your feelings because I think it helps everyone. I think that day was the hardest of my life and he wasn't even mine. You are often in my thoughts and prayers. Someone is always thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed the photos and tribute. I'm quite touched.

Just today, I read (listened to) the Joseph Smith lesson you referred to in preparation for Sunday and thought of you. I'm so glad you received the lesson in your ward. I hope you've taken the opportunity to read the entire chapter. You are still in our thoughts and prayers. I love you!!!

Janene said...

I'm so glad you wrote this, and I loved every single picture. I think and pray for you often, and it was good to read about how Heavenly Father helped you especially when you needed it. I love you! You're doing great! (insert HUG)

Janene said...

I am so glad you wrote this down, and I loved every single picture. Post them again... anytime!! I think of you and pray for you often and I'm glad that Heavenly Father blessed you with that Sunday, especially when you really needed it. I love you! You're doing great. (insert HUG)

Eliza said...

The Lord really does work in mysterious ways...I'm glad that you were asked to sing so that you were there that day. He knows your heartache and needs at the most finite and intimate level and our Heavenly Father loves you perfectly. Take care!

Parrish Family said...

Oh, Sherrie Lynn I sure do miss you! I made rolls today and it made me think of you. I wish I lived closer to bring you some.

I loved the wonderful tribute you did. I think of your baby often. I enjoyed seeing all the sweet pictures of him. You are one of the strongest people I have ever met! Keeping going you are doing great!