Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lost, lost, lost.

"Lost what?"
"I've lost my marbles."

Name that movie!!

Ok... so I really do feel lost though. Today I have been wandering around, trying to keep myself away from the computer and focused on other things, but nothing seems to draw me to it. Knitting, cross-stitching, writing... even playing computer games has lost it's pull. I have no motivation to do anything yet I know I should be doing something. I'm aimlessly finding some other useless thing to do on the computer, but have no motivation to do so, or even enjoy it really. Playing with kids, all my usual hobbies... nothing can keep my interest.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes, or have I really lost my marbles??

4 comments:

the mathematician said...

Yep! Been there before. It's call zone-out zombie land, or at least that's what I'm calling it right now! :)

For me, tackling a nice, really-gets-you-moving housecleaning chore usually snaps me out of it. (Like mopping the kitchen floor or vacuuming the whole house.)

Etmiloves said...

oh my I really really despise that energy void. I agree with Shay, cleaning and chores really fly with that mood. I can blitzkrieg through vacumming the whole house and tidying things up in one of those moods. Take advantage of it?

Prairie Mother said...

Hook! Yes, I feel like I've lost my marbles all the time. I have a list a mile long of things I SHOULD be doing but can't find the energy/motivation/organization to get them done. Ug. Sometimes a nice brisk walk helps me and sometimes a big bowl of ice cream works!

Anonymous said...

Hook