Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

So the Cat says...

...that I need to update my blog.

Here you go, Cat. Hope you are happy.

And in case you are wondering, no we do not own a cat, and probably never will. I'd like to use the excuse that Rocket Scientist is allergic to them, but honestly, I just really hate cats. There you go. The Cat I'm referring to up there *points at top of post* is a friend of mine, and I think she is the only kind of Cat that I would ever like. ~_^

Anyway... that was all random and irrelevant. To the point of this post...

I really do feel kinda bad for not posting earlier. I have been thinking about it for a bit, but whenever I don't know what to do next, blogging never comes to mind. I just kept forgetting. Not that there hasn't been anything to post about, far from it actually. We have had birthday parties, anniversaries, and family reunions. With all that being said, I don't honestly think that I have been so busy that I couldn't find time to post. I just kept forgetting. When it is all said and done, I never thought of blogging.

Last month stared three events. Baby's (who shall now be known as Goofball) first birthday (has it REALLY been that long??), my birthday, and our wedding anniversary. Here's to five wonderful years with my amazing hubby and three adorably cute kids. And let me tell you... having three kids in well... four years has finally caught up with my body. In fact, Rocket Scientist wants me to get more in shape before we have another one... *sigh... time to unpack the Wii Fit and start working on it again.

We had two family reunions this month. Both on the same week. My family always goes up in the mountains and camps for a week, so at the beginning of the week (two weeks ago) we camped with them, then on Wednesday drove to visit Rocket Scientist's family and finish off the week with them. It was a fun filled week with thunderstorms, throw up, and other such things that come from driving two kids under 5 to visit family that live 10 hours away. Well, needless to say I was glad when I got to sleep in my own bed, and be in the comfort of my own home.

And that pretty much sums up the last month. If I'll ever remember to put the pics on my computer, I will post them on here.

As for a general update about the kids...

Bug is getting cuter and smarter every day. It is amazing to see his progress with things like communicating and social skills and all that. I can't actually think of any examples off the top of my head, but it is truly amazing to watch him grow. I can't believe he will be going to school in a year... wow. Crazy.

Goofball's new name is given for a reason. One, he is quickly outgrowing the name of "Baby", but also, he has recently acquired his goofiness. He makes the craziest expressions, and sometimes you can tell that he is being a goofball, he knows he's being a goofball, and he enjoys it. There are even times when he crawls up to me, pulls to standing, looks up at me with an expression that clearly states, "I'm being a goofball, and teasing you just 'cause I can" and he says, "Dada!" Then I look back at him and say, "No, I'm the Mama." His smile gets bigger, and his teasing expression grows, "Dada!"

Yeah, that is part of his goofiness. Hence his new name of Goofball.

As for me, I have some amazingly wonderful news that I didn't even think of posting on here. I posted them on fb, but forgot to do so here. Prepare yourself to be amazed!

One, I am being published. It isn't anything that will make me money, just a short story within a magazine, but when I was notified that they would use my story that I sent them, my joy overflowed. I was so amazed and shocked and just darn right happy. So happy in fact, that I couldn't tell Rocket Scientist what was going on for probably a full five minutes. Check out the magazine: Seeing the Everyday Make a subscription. Read my story. The issue I am in is issue 10, and the story is Hiking with Dad. ^_^

Also... more big news... I finished writing my book! WOO! That was an amazing accomplishment. There will more than likely be editing still happening nothing though that will really change the plot, mainly grammatical errors, so suffice it to say that it is finished, and I was totally excited about that. It is certainly not a stand alone book, and needs more stories or books behind it, but I was way happy when I finished that. No idea if it will even be published, but at least I finished it.

And that shall be it for now. Need to get ready for the day.

Thanks for reading. ^_^

1 comment:

Danelle and Alex said...

I'm late to comment because I haven't checked blogs for a while but congrats on being published!! How exciting! I think its funny that goofy is so goofy! Kade teases like that too and it really makes you wonder where they figure that kind of thing out at such a young age!!