Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The day before...

So. The day has come for school to start. It is remarkable how things worked out. I was able to get a full Pell grant even though I applied so late. Not to mention that I was able to get into all the classes that I needed to be in. In pretty much everything that I touch regarding school things happen the way they need to. It is remarkable to me to see everything work out so well. One of my classes is apparently so popular that only the seniors who are able to register for classes sooner than everyone else can get into it. And yet I was able to get into it. If things continue to work out well then I can graduate in 4 semesters or so.

The kids are doing great. They spent the week with their grandma so I could go to Marching Band camp. I'm not sore anymore... but it was a pretty tiring week. We are still looking for a house. Rocket Scientist is still trying to get a higher paying job (I think). I'm actually not sure on the status of that.

All in all things are going well. It still seems very odd to me that I am going to school to learn more about writing so I can make money by publishing books. Maybe someday I will get over that. I guess though that mainly it is weird to me because the idea of novelists amaze me. That people are able to write such wonderful and powerful books just from things in their head. Sure I have written a book, but it isn't published... novelists just amaze me.

So yeah. I am really excited though. I'll also be taking an astronomy class that I'm really excited about. Things are happening well. We'll keep you posted on things as they come.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

Good luck at school! YOu will do awesome!

Stan Johnson said...

Completely random reader, here: I just started clicking the "next blog" link on the top of my own blog, and stumbled on this one. The comic caught my attention, but the fact that you actually had the Dongo Daikazoku song just blew me away (I'll admit--I've a real soft spot for that song).

I need to find that song and download it.

Anyway, thanks for posting, and for sharing the Dango song! Best of luck in school.