Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Extra, Extra! Read all about it!

So, though I don't want every post to start, "Sorry I haven't posted in a while..." well... that is truly how I feel. I know I have a lot of readers out there, though why some of you read my blog is beyond me. In any case I do feel sorry and I hope to do better.

All that said, I feel like life has been mighty crazy around here. Plans are changing, life is happening, and where we thought we would be by now is different than what we decided mere months before.

Have any of you felt like that before?

In any case, despite all the craziness I still don't feel like I have much to write about. I'm going back to school to earn a degree in Creative Writing, something much more out of my league (at least as far as I feel) than the music degree I was going for before. My decision to go back to school was a rather sudden one, but it feels right and we, overall, feel sound in this decision. Not to mention that everything with me going back to school has worked perfectly. Most of the classes were closed, but of the four classes that I got on a waiting list for, two of them have opened up (one of which opened while I was writing this post) and I can now register for them, and the other two, I am number 3 and 8 in the waiting lists. Pretty encouraging. I also got a grant which quite shocked me, I'll be honest with you. To give you a bit of an idea of how late I registered, it was a mere month before school would start. Yeah. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

With the prospect of spending around two more years in this charming town we live, we are looking for a house to move into. After over 5 years of renting, I am SO ready to get out of apartments. We found some charming houses that we visited today (one of which had two sleeping men in them that didn't know we were there and WE expected it to be vacant... quite a shock...) Putting offers in hopefully today or tomorrow to a few of them. Some of them we couldn't get for canceling or whatnot. Silly agents not telling the owners that we were coming. Only one out of five houses we didn't walk in on people.

Along with that, Rocket Scientist is trying to get a promotion, or rather just a new, higher paying job at his current place of employment. We'll see how that goes. We hope to move, we hope that Rocket Scientist can get a higher paying job. In fact, one of them that he has applied for he feels like "[he] would be perfectly fine with it as a career instead of just a 'job'." Though he hasn't gotten a bachelor's, if he can land this job, who knows what will happen? He has gotten an associates in Drafting, so I feel like, as long as he is happy with his job, why not settle?

All in all, things are going pretty well. Though plans have changed, I feel more sound with this plan than our previous one. I'm pretty nervous in being an English major. There was once a time when I thought someone would have to be out of their mind to be an English major. Well, maybe I'm out of my mind. Then again, I would have never thought that I would enjoy writing novels like I do. Adding on the fact that I can be a novelist and earn money and all that while being a mom. Any job I can get as a music major would pretty much have to be away from home-type work.

The kids are doing well. Goof Ball has just gotten over chicken pox, we are watching Bug to see if he picks up on them. Goof Ball had had his first immunization for it, but still got it from somewhere. Who knows if Bug will catch it or not? Though he has been immunized, so was Goof Ball.

So yeah. Things are going well, life is moving on, and we are getting over it. ^_^

I'll try to write more often, though like I said, I'm not sure that I have much to tell.

4 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

He got chicken pox?!?! Thats crazy! I'm sure it was miserable I'm sorry. I'm excited for you to go back to school. Sounds like a lot of exciting things are going on for you guys and I'm really happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are going through a lot of changes right now! Good luck with everything. My mom has her degree in journalism and she is currently looking for a job. She has an interview almost everyday and many places are fighting to have her. Most of the jobs are part time where she can just work while my little bro is in school and some are even at home jobs. So apparently a degree in English is hot right now. :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Brice got his degree in Creative Writing! He loved how much he learned for writing his book too. Good luck with everything.

Amy said...

They use to only give one chicken pox immunization, but, I think they realized it wasn't as effective as they thought. So, now they give two. When Sophie and Ian were both pre-school age, our Joy School kids passed it around. About 70% of the kids (who had been immunized) got it in our circle of friends! And, they were NOT mild cases either. I was quite surprised. Ian and Isaac both got it (one, and then the other). No fun being home with them for a whole month!