Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Homecoming

Well we are moved in now. Boxes are everywhere. But what has really made this post possible is the fact that we now have internet! I have not had internet all weekend long. :(

SO. That said, I will commence to the rest of the post.

Saturday was crazy. I always knew it would be crazy. Friday was pretty bad too. We closed Friday, I had a mid-term that I missed because of it that I took yesterday. I also had a concert Friday night, which had a rehearsal with the band alumni that came to play with us as it was Homecoming week. That being said, Saturday had a parade that I marched in (as a member of the marching band), including a game afterward. Rocket Scientist was packing/moving that day with parents and other family who helped. I wish I could have done something to help other than play my trumpet... but it didn't happen that way.

After the game, I got home and we decided to have pizza for dinner. We went out, ordered pizza and went to the store. After we picked up our pizza, we got home (near 9 'o clock) I was trying to unlock the house and during so Bug said that he needed to throw up. He said such things earlier in the day and only spit in the toilet, so I didn't take him very seriously. Nevertheless, I did try harder to get the key in the lock in the dark night. Which sometimes causes more problems. Well, he threw up on the porch there getting ... stuff all over the lower part of my pants, and on all our shoes. After freaking out a bit, I smirked a bit and said, "Happy Homecoming." :)

I failed to mention anything regarding the house stuff. In Utah, well... I think more the company that we were using, we couldn't have the financing and recording on the same day that we closed, which meant that the house wouldn't officially be ours until yesterday. Which is what happened. BUT, we have stayed here every night since Saturday. Thankfully the sellers were okay with that as it was still officially their house and if we had burned it down (don't know why we would... or anyone for that matter) it would be their problem not ours. I was told that we would have to sign a waiver saying we wouldn't sue them or something if we broke our leg or something like that, but I never saw that... maybe because I didn't ever see sellers or anyone for that matter on Saturday.

*deep breath*

All that said, I am tired of all this box... stuff. But am trying to move in as well and efficiently as possible with two kids and being a full time student. The right side of my neck has been sore or something for a few days. I was REALLY hoping that I could see people who came to help on Saturday, one of which is Rocket Scientist's brother in law, and happens to be a chiropractor... Ah well.

I'll take pictures as soon as things are a bit more settled. Don't want to post pictures of our cardboard decorations.

Stay tuned. ^_^

2 comments:

the mathematician said...

Yeah! And congratulations!!!!!

At least he threw up on the porch and not all over your carpet! :) There was a reason the key was being tricky....

Janene said...

I would rather have puke on the front porch than inside any day... pull out the garden hose! Poor little bug. :o(

Love you! Can't wait to see the new place!