Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lullabies

Or should that be lullabi? Maybe lullabis?

Whatever.

I don't usually sing to my kids when I put them to sleep. Most times I read them a book and then let them fall asleep on their own. Only when we are away from home I usually sing to them to help them fall asleep because they aren't in a usual environment. There are few times when I do sing to them at home, and that is when they are having a particularly hard time sleeping.

One night a while ago, was such a night. After failing to get them to fall asleep on their own, I went down to sing to them. And that is where I get to the point of my post. After one or two songs, Bug said something adorably cute that I haven't wanted to forget and as such have wanted to post it on here.

He said, "Mom, you are making me sleepy. Keep going."

And here his first sentance made me think that he would ask for me to stop.

And with that... I will post this and go to sleep myself. Goodness, I sure do need it.

1 comment:

Me said...

Aw, that's sweet. You have such a sweet boy.