Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In Which Shay discusses health and Japanese

Physical health is as much to be expected I suppose. I worry however that Pro Boxer may be coming down with a cold... The kids are fine though.

Bug is doing fine with school, and from my point of view seems to be possibly above what his teacher is attempting to teach the kids. He doesn't complain about it either, which is nice.

Goof Ball seems to have adjusted rather well to the change of his brother going to school, as well as mommy being away. But I'm not around to witness that... we'll just hope that it is going fine. I haven't heard any horror stories from Pro Boxer, so I assume that all is well.

And then there is me.

I think I have slowly begun to trust again... hopefully. Sometimes I kneel down and say a short... very short prayer, other times I do it while huddled in bed, and even other times when I just try, though pointless it is, to hide. But I think I'm doing a bit better. Either that or I'm just having WAY too many oreos. ~_^

Anyway, I am crazy busy. Section leader stuff, and personal finance (oh no! I have to do a quiz for that before tomorrow!), and Lit History, and TBS (the band service sorority in which I got invited to join for the second time), and Japanese.

Ah yes, Japanese.

Have I mentioned that I have found a way to take Japanese classes and not run out of credits before I have to pay out of state? Don't ask me how that all worked out. Whatever the case, I am taking Japanese 1010 and... well I am loving it... but it is really busy work. We meet every day for example, so I have homework every night. Speaking of which, I need to get to it.

But it is really fun. I have a friend in band who learned Japanese at one point in her life, and I have been trying to txt her and talk to her in Japanese instead of English and it has helped a lot. For some reason I just can't feel as comfortable in a class or even tutoring situation to learn what I need about building my own sentences and whatnot. So it is nice to have a good friend to practice with. And I think it helps her to remember what she learned a while ago too.

And on that note, I have just remembered that Bug's school is doing this thing where they can sign up for an extra class to learn Chinese... And I signed him up for that. He agreed to it, though I am not sure he entirely understands what it means to learn a different language, but really... I wish I had been pressured a bit more to learn when I was younger. I'm not sure how they will do this class yet, but hopefully I can learn along with him so that we can help each other. Which I have been doing with Japanese with him, teaching him words like:

はい、ありがと、おい、and I want to start teaching him おやすみなさい。

And just so you can keep up, the words I wrote were, hai (yes), arigato (thanks), oi (hey, you), and the last one was o-yasumi nasai (Good night- only used [as far as I know] in familial relationships right as you are going to sleep. like... you are lying in bed and stuff)

Anyway... I really should get to doing homework.

じゃ。

(Ja = see ya.)

2 comments:

the mathematician said...

Thanks for the post! Sounds like a lot of good stuff going on! President Uchtdorf tonight (at the RS broadcast) encouraged us to celebrate the small successes in our lives. Maybe that's why you've been eating so many oreos - in celebration of you beginning to trust again! :) Your prayers are an answer to my prayers! Maybe I should go get some oreos too...

Janene said...

I think you are pretty darn smart! You can put japanese characters on your blog... I'd probably not even dare try. Good luck with crazy life times. :o)