Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Somehow...

...I survived the weekend.

But I was forced to do homework on Sunday. Boo.

Anyway, I have a headache, and I sometimes feel nauseated. I probably forced myself to work too hard. Whatever, I'm alive. I guess that is what is important.

Goof Ball has like... three blisters or so on his little fingers. I noticed them yesterday morning. I hadn't even known that he had gotten hurt, but one of them had been popped already. Then yesterday afternoon, he came up to me crying a little and holding his fingers out and another one had popped. Honestly, when I first saw his fingers I couldn't really tell what they were. I only realized that they were blisters after more of them had popped. Anyway, the one that had been popped from the first time that I saw them now looked as if it was trying to heal, but it didn't look right. The harder cover stuff over the opening of the blister was kinda yellow and I could see some fiber stuff from toys or something clinging to it. Now that I could more easily tell what the things were, I started to wonder if he got burned at some point or something... they are on the tops of his middle and ring finger.

Anyway, so I was kinda nervous about it, so even though I had to get ready for the next thing I needed to go to, I had Pro Boxer help me alcohol (Goof Ball didn't like that a bit) and bandage up his little fingers. I checked them again this morning, and they looked a lot better. We re-neosporined (hey, if photoshopping can be a verb, so can neosporined...) them, and bandaged them again. Hopefully everything will go well with that.

Anyway, so life is moving on... I am .... well I don't know how I am. Physically I wonder if something is wrong. Knowing me, it probably just means that I need to eat. Occasional nausea, headaches come and go... and of course my chronic cough. It is a little more juicy than it normally is, and that was probably more information than you wanted to know.

Emotionally? Spiritually? I really have no idea. Psychologically? Search me. Some days I think I am improving only to realize that I am worse off than I was before the next day. I keep toying with the idea of talking to my bishop or trying to get an appointment with a counselor from LDS family services.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say. I ran out of Oreos again this afternoon. I continuously had to hold back tears at church.

Go figure. Everything for my good? Everything? Riiiiight.... Once I was optimistic, believing that somehow maybe I could find something good from being walked all over my whole life in various stages of damage. Personally, I'm sick of being walked all over. Losing Little Angel to death, sure, I can find something good in that. He doesn't have to be stuck in this world of pain like I do. Everything else though... really, I don't see how anyone could find anything "good" from being used, abuse, ignored, and walked all over.

And yes, Jesus was also used, abused, ignored, and walked all over. But I'm not perfect and wonderful, and I'm certainly NOT going to die to save all of humanity. For him, there was something good about it. Despite how difficult it must have been. For me. Not so much. I'm just an item to take advantage of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeey Shay,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling, questioning, and all that. Can I share a few thoughts?

Of course neither I nor anyone else can answer the question why you have suffered what you have (and what you still do suffer). But God surely does. He has promised (as you noted) that all things work together for good:

"Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord." (D&C 98:3 - see also D&C 122:7)

Notice the words! "Immutable covenant", "promise"! God always, always keeps His promises! It's hard, but it seems that part of the trial is not knowing why we're being tried, or how our trial could possibly be for good.

Dear, dear sis, I love you (even if you can't imagine why I might)! Hang in there! Believe Him! Trust in Him! Build your relationship with Him and let Him carry your burden. He will if you let Him, but you have to let Him.

Our burdens are not given to us so that we can show how strong we are by carrying them. They are given to us to drive us to Him so that He can carry them for us. None of us can do it without Him.

I love you sis!