Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer:

The time to rest, the time to play, the time to get my house back in order, the time to prepare for next semester.  The time to be lazy.

And "lazy" is about all I have done this summer.  Oh, I have tried to break out of it, but it always falls through.  Wii Fit every day!  Stomach program every day!  Cleaning program every day!  Practice Japanese!  Read to kids!  Sign kids up for swimming lessons!  Sign them up for the reading program at the library!  Practice trumpet every day!


You get the idea.

Despite all of my good intentions, I just can't win over myself.  I have NO self control, which is a problematic thing when I'm trying to be a more responsible adult.  Oh, I have done stuff... I have invited people over and we have watched anime.  I have almost completed a huge knitting project that is on hold as I wait for more yarn to arrive.  I have done... stuff.  But not stuff that I felt like I needed to do.  It has all been about what I have wanted to do.  I wanted to work out on the Wii fit every day - until the rhythm ones (like the marching band one, and kung-fu and boxing) wouldn't work properly and it claimed that I was half a beat late for every beat.  I'm a music person.  Such a thing is nearly impossible for me.  Oh, I wanted to do the cleaning program every day and keep our home in some kind of order - until vacation time came up and got me out of the groove.  I wanted to do all those crossed out things, but laziness always won over.  And as a result, my current jeans that have fit for years.... are starting to stretch to the limits.

As a result of doing way too much knitting all summer, I have started to possibly have problems with carpal tunnel.  Same repetitive motion, over and over, for hours, days, weeks... naturally that was bound to have an affect on me.  I went to a massage therapist and she worked out some muscles that were the root cause of the carpal tunnel, and she said that Pro Boxer could be able to do the same massages on me.  But we haven't once had him try and do it.  I should... it is free massaging, after all.  I suppose that comes into the laziness category as well.  Too lazy for a massage?  Or possibly too forgetful...

I took a few pictures, planned to write a story about them on here, and.... laziness.  Or possibly forgetfulness.  Either one probably works.

I hope your summer has been a great one.  I'm going to try and stand up and practice my trumpet and exercise and do things... but it may all fall through again.  My motivation doesn't stand up to my laziness.  But I'll try.  It is about the only thing I'm good at.  Getting back up and trying again.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

*hugs* don't beat yourself up. It's not laziness. we all have moments like that, where you know you "ought to" be doing something, but sometimes it's ok to just do what you want. As long as you still take care of what's really important (your kids, you husband, and YOURSELF) that's all that really matters. :) sometimes life's stresses get in our way and cloud our minds and cause us to feel "lazy" I know I am that way, most days I'd rather just block everything out.