Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fun quotes

I haven't been keeping up with letting you know what we have been up to this summer, as you know, but I thought I would record this fun conversation that happened when we were on a trip.

We stopped at a place to eat near a lake and I noticed the gas price.  I can't remember how high it was now, but this is what happened after.

Me: "Whoa... look at that price!"
Pro Boxer: "Yeah, let's not fuel up here."
I didn't respond for a moment because I heard: "Yeah, it's not fuel up here," and all I could think was, Why wouldn't it be fuel? What else would it be?  Eventually....
Me: "Oh!! Yeah, let's not do that." (cause I finally realized what he really said.)
He looked at me funny, wondering why it took me that long to respond and after I explained it, we had a good laugh.  ^_^

And a few random quotes from the kids:

Goof Ball:

~"Mom, is this yours?"  He is insanely obsessed with knowing who possesses all the items in the house, and amazingly enough, sticks to leaving the things that are mine alone.  For a four year old, that is pretty surprising.

~"I'm not a silly kid, you a silly kid!" and naturally I respond, "I'm not a silly kid, you're a silly kid!" - this goes on for a long time, and it varies depending on if I first called him a goof ball, silly goose, crazy kid, etc...

~"Mom, I wanna go home."  The silly thing with this sentence is he says it when we are home and he wants to go somewhere else.  Then I have to try to explain to his silly and very stubborn brain that we are home.  He often gets upset and starts crying at this news. :)

~"It's my turn!"  This isn't too odd for someone his age, but the surprising thing about it, is that he lets Bug have his turn on the ipad until the clock chimes (which has turned into a change-who-plays-with-ipad alarm rather than, Shay-get-off-your-butt-and-do-things alarm).  Often I didn't even notice the clock chime when I hear Goof Ball say this, but then I look at the clock and see that it is indeed either :15, :30, :45, or :00.

Bug:

~"I wanna do homework."  This happened after I told him how soon school would start, and he started printing worksheet things off of starfall.com and dutifully showed them to me to correct and put a sticker on them.  Hopefully that enthusiasm will continue.

~"Mom, that hurted my ears."  I corrected him on the right way to say hurt in past tense (really, is there a present or plain tense for hurt???)  The next time he started to say hurted again, but corrected himself and said it the right way.  I just had to smile.  He is growing so much, and loves learning.

~"Mom, I want to do an experiment."  He then proceeds to tell me how solids are solids and liquids are liquids and says he wants to put juice in ice trays and put them in the freezer during the night.  I told him we couldn't do that one, but thank goodness he had a second experiment which is to see how long it would take an ice cube to melt when placed in the sun.  Again, we used the chimes as our time placers and tallied how many times the clock chimed.  Bug guessed 1 chime and it would be melted, I guessed 4.  We were both wrong.  Any guesses?

Truthfully, I would like to write more specific quotes from Bug, but he is just so random and around-the-bushy with the way he talks, that it is hard to really get anything straight from him.  Which obviously makes it hard for me to remember specific quotes.  But sometimes he will just randomly say, "Mom," and I'll say "what," and he'll say, "I love you."  Which is the quote I love best to hear.

No comments: