Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Goof Ball-isms

On Monday, Pro Boxer and I went out for sushi (yes, you can be jealous if you want).  Before we left the kids with the babysitter, Goof Ball had something important to say to me.

"Mom, my bike is in the back of the car."

Me: "In... the back of the car?"
GB: "Yeah, so don't break it."
Me (just wanting to satisfy him, because there was no way his bike could be in the car): "Okay, we won't break it."

Just out of curiosity or something else, as I went outside and explained to Pro Boxer the weird conversation, I went to check in the back of the car, and out of the corner of my eye, something bright red was behind the car.  Yes, it was his bike, and we wouldn't have seen it, and it would have gotten smashed, and yes, it was not in the back of the car, but behind it.


This is just one example of how Goof Ball is more like me than Pro Boxer (at least in the way his mind works).  I had suspicions before because Goof Ball can find things a lot better than Bug ever can.  Even if what he's looking for is right in front of him, Bug can't see it.  He's a lot like Pro Boxer that way...  In any case, Pro Boxer wouldn't even once think to mention that something was behind the car before someone left, and Bug certainly wouldn't.  But the baby of the family could forewarn, just like I would have forewarned.


It's super fun to get to know these kids by seeing how they are similar to me or to Pro Boxer.


Another fun conversation with Goof Ball:


Me: *groan... yawn... 

GB: "Are you tired?"
Me: "Yes." (mainly from exercising that morning)
GB: "Then you should sleep."
Me: "Mmmm...."
GB: "Mom, can you sleep?"
Me: "Um, I don't know, I have a lot of things to do."
GB: "You can sleep, lemme show you how to sleep." He gets on the couch and lays down "See? Like that."
Me: "Oh, like that?"
GB: "Yes. Try it."
Me: "Okay." I just leaned my upper half on the blankets next to me and close my eyes. "Like that?"
GB: "Um.... kinda."
Me: "Oh, that's not right? Can you show me again?"
GB: "Like this." He curls his legs up under him on the couch and rests his head on the blankets.
Me: "Oh, I need to curl up?"
GB: "Yeah."
I take off my shoes and kneel on the couch and fold over to lay on the blanket. "Like that?"
GB: "Yeah! Now you can sleep!"

Thanks Goof Ball... but sleeping like that isn't nearly as comfortable for an adult as it is for a child. :)  And for anyone who's asked me if Goof Ball is talking more now..... yes.  Very much so. :)

No comments: