Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Corporeal Illusion

I wrote this once, or rather wrote an early version of this, and then kept tweaking it until it turned into this. But it's pretty much summing up how I'm feeling right now.



Corporeal Illusion

Laughter rises to the heavens,   
luring your spirit back through the
veil of death.
Insubstantial as gossamer,
tangible as flesh.

Sorrow enchants my eyes.
Your back bridges the height gap
as I walk behind your brothers,
my sons.

I reach out to grab you,
hold you,
keep you from leaving.
And then—

You disappear again.

No comments: