Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mind your p's and q's

So before I start with this post... what does that phrase mean anyway?? "Mind your p's and q's"??? Who came up with that anyway?? Ok, back to posting....

So, I forgot to write this in my last post, and I was thinking of putting this in my "Wise sayings" section, but I thought it needed more explaining then I would want to put there... so, on the way down to visit family this last weekend, we were bringing down a computer. In the car, the computer was within reach of Bug's feet. He likes to kick it and make noise that way, and I was worried about that. Almost right after he realized that he could kick it, I turned around, looked him in the eyes and asked, "Please don't do that Bug." He stopped (much to the shock of his mom...) and put his foot that he was kicking with on the other knee to rest it away from the computer. I said "Thank you!" and gave him a big smile. He once again shocked me by replying "Your welcome". It still kind of sounds mummbled, but once again, this is one of the things that we understand each other, but not many would understand too.

We have been trying to teach him to "use [his] p's and q's" (whatever that means....), but it was still quite shocking for him to say "Your welcome" right after I said "Thank you" quite in context WITHOUT prompting. I'm not trying to brag, but I just thought it was quite shocking. When you realize that your kids are really listening to what you are saying and trying to teach, it is quite an amazing feeling.

2 comments:

Janene said...

I agree. Those moments make it all seem worth it! And it's good to write them down.

p.s. you have every right to brag about that cute little boy!

Azteroth said...

That's really cool. :)
I remember when my brother was little, my sisters and I were the only ones who really understood what he wanted when he spoke or did things. hehehehe, it made my grandmother furious. :)