Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas preps.

I don't ever remember my parents telling me that if I wasn't a "good girl" I wouldn't get any presents. Or just get coal. And I think that is appropriate. If you haven't guessed, I haven't told Bug that either. Though I have been tempted at times. In my mind though... putting that sort of perspective on Christmas, that it is about receiving gifts, it is no wonder everyone expects to get gifts. Isn't it all about giving, and Christ centered? How He gave everything for us, so we must do our best to give back by serving others? I haven't talked to Bug about what he wants for Christmas. I haven't pointed out to him that there are gifts under the tree for him. What I did... was take Bug to the toy section of the store, and asked him to pick out a present for Baby. *he isn't bubbling anymore since he has grown two teeth, so his blog name has changed once again* What I did... was help Bug wrap Baby's present that he picked out. I helped him write a note to Baby. Then we put it under the tree, me pointing out how good it felt to do such things.

And then Bug said, "Mom. Baby want's to open it now." Yeah... I'm sure.

Well, I tried.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

so cute! we still haven't decided on the whole Santa thing. we don't really want to give into social pressures of things like the Easter Bunny and Santa, but we also don't want our kids to feel left out or tell the other kids it's dumb to believe such things.

Parrish Family said...

LOVE IT!!! I love what Bug said! So cute! And I'm impressed. You are doing a good job on teaching about the true meaning of Christmas.

Lydia said...

Sounds like a pretty good plan. I guess Bug is planning on playing with Baby's toy? Those kids are so sneaky so early in life. Amazing.

Lisa said...

I think that's great. It was a very wonderful moment in our house when we took the kids to the store (we chose the dollar store for the kids) and let them pick anything in the whole store for their sibling, mom, and dad. Of course some guidance was necessary, but I hope they gleaned just a little bit of the giving-instead-of-receiving idea. Maybe just a tiny bit...if nothing else, it made me feel better. :)