Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm gonna do it!

I'm gonna post! but... i don't really know what to post... hmm...

We are all finally becoming rid of the cold. Bug caught it first, then me, and I think Pro Boxer had it a little, and of course, Goof Ball picked it up at the end. Bug still has a bit of a cough, but it seems like it is taking me the longest to get over it. I'm not too surprised... Goof Ball even seems to have gotten over it. And he was the last to pick it up! Colds always hit me hard though, so yeah. Not much I can do about it. Though, here is an interesting phenomenon... Goof Ball seemed to get over it the fastest. Only about two days of serious hoarse voice and he seemed fine after that. The phenomenon? He probably drinks the most water of us all.... Hmm......

So. How am I doing, you ask? I have not gone to church in three weeks. Well... we have also had a least one of us sick during that time, and yeah... I was the designated one to stay behind. I also have not had one oreo in.... weeks. That's right. Weeks. I'm not even sure how long it has been. I have been doing more knitting, and serving with my sisters in TBS (the band service sorority). I have been turning more often to the Lord... though yet never really said any personal prayers on my knees. When I need to pray for family prayer those are on my knees, and well... they have slowly gotten more sincere. I even finally read one of the chapters in 3 Nephi when Jesus is there like my bishop asked me to do... I had forgotten that he had until one of my good friends to said to read one verse in the same book and report to her. :) She is trying to help me. Funnily enough? She has been through the same experiences as me, and she is WAY more positive about life than I am. I think I see a bit of my past self in her, and I wonder where I went.

So I guess in general, I'm doing better. Life moves on, I make friends with Japanese people and invite them to my house for Christmas. I somehow find something to get Pro Boxer for Christmas (he is REALLY hard to buy for!), and we contemplate getting.... a dog. Yes. A dog. We'll see how that goes. We still have to calculate how much feeding and caring for it would be. I really want it to be a teacup yorkie. People think I'm crazy and say that they yip all the time and get sick frequently. That may be so. And they are BLASTED expensive. That also may be so. But truthfully.... I think I would be scared to get any dog bigger than that, and they are so DARN CUTE! I don't particularly think that I'm scared of dogs. It just unnerves me when they jump up on me, and are heavy enough to push me down and I have no idea what they are thinking.

So yeah. That is our life in a post that is really random because I didn't know what to write before hand. Next semester will be filled with writing classes (hurrah!!! I didn't have ONE this semester and it has been killing me!), and I will be a TA of sorts for one English class for my absolute favorite English professor at my school. I'm really nervous about that as my main task is to read the student's essays and help them improve their arguments. I suck at that with my own essays... I don't know how much help I could be for them... And somehow... this teacher that I admire and respect so much believes that I will be great and he actually said "I have every confidence in your ability. That's why I chose you." Thanks. Way to put the pressure on.

No comments: