Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Long time coming

This post that is. I really have been too busy to post this, but I have been thinking about you. Really. :)

My sister outright cheered when I told her this, so I thought I'd share it here.

First a little background:

Pro Boxer has ADD which apparently, by medical standards doesn't exist anymore. *rolls eyes...* As such, he has a hard time taking tests. However, to be able to apply for the job at his current place of employment that he really would love (maintenance), he had to be able to pass a speed test of sorts. Which... well the word speed is not really in his ability to accomplish easily. They have a practice test thing online I guess, and while watching him work at it, it brought to my attention that he was planning on trying it out again. He had tried earlier, but didn't pass. So. He tried hard to prepare himself, yet I, as a wife didn't really know how to help him, save make sure he got enough sleep and all that. He can't really get a higher paying position without taking and passing this test, and so I was quite worried for him, but found that I couldn't do much to help him. The night before he was to take the test, I laid down in bed. I thought out a somewhat lame prayer to help Pro Boxer with the test. I mentioned how I had done all I could (I even sent Pro Boxer out with three Oreos... gasp! I claimed they would work as brain food), and so I was using this prayer as my last resort to help Pro Boxer.

Now, I don't know if it was the extra preparation that Pro Boxer had, or the prayer, but yes. He did pass it. My previously mentioned sister hadn't known that Pro Boxer passed, but rather cheered when I told her that I did say a prayer more than "thanks" or a routine family prayer.

I am still debating going to counselling or not. I have been talking to a friend of mine who had been in similar situations as I. She is one of the most cheerful persons that I know. She is soon to be married to someone who resembles Pro Boxer's patience and love. Really, people like me wouldn't really be able to survive in a marriage easily without a very patient and loving husband. In any case, she is trying to help me see the world how she sees it and lift my mood.

Yesterday I had been brought food, peppermint oil (for my massive headache I had), a big pot to make four pies worth of filling, and other random things. A day or so before that, someone came to be a second mom to my kids. She fed them, played with them, so I could finish my homework. Not only that, but she swept the floor, washed all the dishes, and wiped down all the surfaces in the kitchen. When I am blessed such as that, I find that I get easily depressed because I don't see me worth so much blessings. Which, when said in that way, may be why I don't turn to the Lord anymore. I'm not worth the blessings that I know He will give me by following Him.

I only have one class today besides my two music/performing classes. (yes that was a deliberate subject change...) And the one class that I DO have is just a quiz and I can leave after that. I do have to finish my tutoring assignment for Japanese, but really, I feel like I don't have much to do today as far as school stuffs is concerned. Which I guess is good. Bug had a fever yesterday, and is banned from school today. I hope he gets better soon. I still have to make four pies worth of apple filling after all. We'll see how that goes. I hope I have time for it. I have an essay to write and a concert tomorrow.

Here's to a busy weekend. I still don't know if I'll meet with the bishop again this weekend... we'll have to see I guess.

1 comment:

Danelle and Alex said...

That is great that he passed!!! Amazing!! He hears even the tiny prayers and knows the intents and wishes of your heart! You are worth every little bit, obviously because you got your wish and little blessings! Believe it girl!