Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

I am not one who believes in superstition. Just keep this in mind as I tell you a tale of my morning.

*for non parents... this is your tmi warning*

I woke up, and almost instantly, I just wanted to go back to sleep. Maybe it was some sort of premonition, or maybe it was because Bug woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that the toilet downstairs didn't work. I ignored him, wanting to go back to sleep. He proceeded to tell me that he had *poop* on his leg and foot. I didn't know how that could have happened and told him to wipe it off with toilet paper. Soon he gave up on me and went back to bed.

Morning comes. Bug wakes up a bit later than usual. And what do I find when I get my first sight of him? His pants/underpants are off. He has dried *poop* all down his leg. I pause in my attempt to get myself to do homework and lay him on a changing pad like a baby to wipe it all off with cold wet wipes. It doesn't do any good. The *poop* had a chance to dry on there so much that he was red in places. Diaper rash at age 5? Okay... sure. Bug got sent to the tub for a spray down. I didn't want to resort to that, but it was either that or using up an entire box of wet wipes. Bug finally gets *poop* free and dressed. I'm debating whether I want to go shower or not before breakfast. I decide to do it after. We start getting ready for breakfast (I had already removed the *log* from the carpet downstairs), Goof Ball was still asleep. Keep in mind the smell (I DID warn you about too much information...). Downstairs literally reeked. When I came back up to inform Pro Boxer that there was *poop* all over the toilet and bathroom floor, I told him that when he goes down there, he should wear a gas mask.

The table set, I hear Goof Ball finally deciding that he wants to wake up. I look down the stairs to see him diligently walking up the stairs like a big boy. He looks up and sees me and says, "Here," pointing to his leg where I see a little dot of *brown stuff.* I say down to Goof Ball, "That looks like *poop!*" I turn to Pro Boxer, "Looks like it may be a very *poopy* day." "I hope not," Pro Boxer's response is.

Turns out Goof Ball was also very *poopy.* He had it on his legs as well as his socks that he wore to bed. Throughout the week (starting Sunday with Pro Boxer) each one of us (except me... *crosses fingers...*) has had a spill of diarrhea/throw up. Bug and Pro Boxer had both, but Goof Ball seems to only have been on the diarrhea end. I opened up his diaper, and laid out before me, was a lake of *poop* (again... I DID warn you about too much info. I was not about to tell this story with any less graphicness than is already present). We wiped up Goof Ball and into the tub he went for a spray down (he also had some dry *poop*). Where as Bug laughed, Goof Ball screamed.

In the blessing on the breakfast food, Pro Boxer said, "Please help us to have an enjoyable day." I snorted. Course, we are amiable people. We took all this in stride, laughing all the way. Looking back, it seems that was the most enjoyable part of my day. I came home quite depressed. The house still smelled of *poop* when I walked in the door. I lit some candles, and asked Pro Boxer if the bathroom had been cleaned up. Of course, with the prevailing smell of *poop,* I kind of assumed what the answer would be.

I didn't get to my shower. It was either exercise and shower or go to sewing circle. I went to sewing circle. Don't judge me. When you have kids... you will understand. Not every day can be a shower day.

Happy Friday the 13th to you all.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

what a start to your day....TMI? Well, it's kinda gross but that's just life as parents sometimes! hope the rest of your day was much better!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's nice to hear the TMI so you know you're not alone in the parenting world! So sorry for your poopy day, but I'm glad you were able to laugh. (Here's my TMI) one of our favorite stories now is how our oldest had a "chocolate fountain" one morning while changing her. We literally went through 4 diapers in less than 1 minute, glad I had that many near by. :)