Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's that time again

Time to put the kids to bed. But first I'll spend a little time on here updating you all, you all.

We had a fun time at Christmas, first time ever we spent Christmas morning at our own house. I think we'll be doing that more often from now on. My parent's had the tradition of my dad cameraing us as we all (all nine of us) walked in, usually youngest-oldest (but that became randomness the older the kids got). So we tried to do that this year with our little family. I tried to stay in back as the kids waltzed up the stairs... but that didn't work. Because Goof Ball (not quite understanding the idea that it was Christmas and that there were presents and surprising things awaiting him) decided to have a fit and that he didn't want to show his face, or come up the stairs on his own power at all. So I carried him, with Bug trying to wedge himself between me and Goof Ball... but even on the landing, Goof Ball curled up into a ball face down and "cried." I lifted him up and put him on the kitchen floor one last step up, and he came back down to the landing and curled up again. By this time I was about to give up on our fun little videoing experience (Pro Boxer only got a small section near the end anyway... the part where Goof Ball wiggled back down to the landing to avoid doing... well, anything.) Pro Boxer paused in the videoing to turn on *ahem* the big present for the year, which we may or may not be doing in subsequent years... not that it is all that expensive, but well... I won't get into it. Suffice it to say they haven't gotten a lot of play time on it, and that isn't because we spent the week of Christmas away from home.

Whatever the case, we are home now, and I'm constantly trying to convince myself to go exercise, or clean, or do... something. Something more worthwhile than writing (IS there anything more worthwhile than that?? ... ~_^ jk) or pretty much wasting time on the computer. I am trying to finish up Great Expectations before the semester starts... I'm about 3/4's done with it.

And life has returned to somewhat normalcy. We are working on teaching Goof Ball what a potty is. THAT will be fun, let me tell you... *rolls eyes.

See ya in a week or two... or three...? After all, I'll be quite busy this semester despite my minimal what... 15 credits? Hope all is well with all you all... you all.

P.S.

And just cause I conveniently had them on my computer already, here are the above mentioned videos. Someday... maybe... we'll own an actual camcorder, and then we won't have such issues when we try to do videos. But for now... enjoy the moment. Truthfully it actually is a pretty fun family video. ^_^ (sorry it is sideways...) And due in part partly because it is a camera taking a video, and partly because the card was filled (we obviously didn't think about that), this is all you get... you don't even get to see what is making all that racket. ;) I guess I'll have to take a picture of it someday and post it just to satisfy your curiosity.



No comments: