Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

The simple mind triumphs again!!!

Hurray!!! This is the first post I am doing on my own computer! I started my blog when my computer was almost shot, and I actually started it on Rocket Scientist's computer. Today we found out what was wrong, and now I am posting on my very own computer!!!

I'm enjoying this blogging thing probably for two reasons. I feel like my friends and family will get to know me better, and I am doing it all by myself. I would have never thought that I could make and have a website all to my own, and know how to do things to it. I guess that is why I get a little upset when Rocket Scientist decides (or seems to decide) what is best or the best way to do things regarding my blog. That happened a bit today. I was wanting to put the picture of my new little family that you now see. Only when we posted it, it was too big, and looked funny. Rocket Scientist was at his computer, and I was holding Little Angel. I told Rocket Scientist how I would do it, and he decided that he wanted to do it his way (more complicated). He tried and tried to get it just right, doing it his way. He finally gave up (I think after I mentioned that I feel good when I can do things my way.... probably because Rocket Scientist is such a solver) and did it my way. He only had to do it once, and it worked perfectly. Simple mind TRIUMPHS!!!!!

Next situation.... my computer. Rocket Scientist was trying to get it all fixed throughout the entire day. He finally ran out of ideas, and mentioned something about the two CD drives. I said well, take them out. So he did. Guess what???? My computer turned on!!! Amazing! Simple mind triumphs again!!!!! It turned out that one of the CD drives really had some issues, and at first my computer kept freezing when it was just sitting there with one web browser up. Then it started not turning on, and freezing while booting up with the error "Detecting Array". Whatever that meant. Rocket Scientist tried and tried a bunch of different things, and nothing worked. It was when he said that it was detecting the CD drives but not the Hard Drives. So that was when I said take the CD's off. It was actually the other way around, but like I said, SIMPLE MIND TRIUMPHS AGAIN!!!

1 comment:

Janene said...

love the new look and the family picture!