Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Thanks

I know I'm kind of late with this, but I thought I'd write down the many things I am grateful for. Not in any particular order.
  • My wonderfully wonderful husband who is truly amazing.
  • My two adorable children who mean so much to me.
  • The gospel in my life and all that that entails - the scriptures, praying, the atonement, gathering together to worship as brothers and sisters, and many more aspects. I would be so lost without it.
  • My wonderful family who brought me up with the gospel.
  • Trials. Why you may ask? The greater the trial, the greater the peace after you endure and get through the trial. And I love to help people and what better way then to help them through the same trials?
  • I am grateful that Tuesdays and Thursdays are what they are instead of Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days when Rocket Scientist is gone basically all day. He doesn't get home until 10:30ish at night. And he comes home for dinner, but that is it. It isn't even a very long break for dinner. In any case, I'm grateful that it is only twice a week instead of three times a week.
  • My wonderful ward, and the friends I have made in it. One in particular, though sadly, she is moving soon for her husband is graduating after the semester is over. And we just started our friendship, but I am extremely grateful for her. If not for Mindy, I might not have made it through these last few weeks.
  • Christmas. Can you think of any other time where the world is literally brighter?
  • All my many temporal blessings. I may not have as much as some of you, but I have a whole lot more then others in the world.
Well, that is what I could think of, though there are many more. Here's a big shout out to all the many people who are such a blessing in my life! Thank you!!

No comments: