Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

So this post has been on the back burner of my mind for sometime. And I apologize to anyone who has been haunting this blog trying to find out if I got a ribbon at the state fair. (though I doubt anyone has been doing such...)

So I hope I can remember everything I have been wanting to post about. Beware. This has the potential to become a very long post.

First things first: The state fair.

We found this first... (obviously...) I got first prize!!! ^_^ Look at that lovely display!




















Then we visited the animals:



























































They have this cool "little hands on the farm" thing where they plant seeds, and harvest food and milk. It is really fun. Here is Bug with his basket.




















Collecting wool.




















Getting the eggs. You can see the apple, milk carton, carrot and wool in his basket here.




















Random pictures to show you how my kids have grown. Squirmy is really getting good at controlling his neck muscles. Notice how Bug is more blurry here than Squirmy is...
















This one Bug was too smart for me. I tried to get a candid shot, but he knew, and kept his eyes shut. It was cute to see them all cuddled up together, but you can kind of tell that Bug is posing. I should put the amazing picture my mom took of me posing pretending to be asleep. She didn't know for a really long time that it was posed.... haha. Looks like Bug has my same talent... or rather my same mischievousness to get his mom to take a picture of him pretending to be doing something he is not.




















I thought this was a pretty cool pic. We are kind of doing the same pose. :)




















So cute!!! I think he just woke up. :)




















HAHA! What else can I say?




















Yes, this picture below all this text was posed. I told him what to do. But I still feel like my little guy is amazingly powerful. He has been out of diapers since the 12th. In the morning I finally flat out told him "I'm not putting a diaper on you." This was the fourth or fifth day (I may be exaggerating, but not by much) when he woke up and completely soaked his diaper and soiled his bed in a row! I couldn't take it anymore. Changing sheets that often with a diaper on is just uncalled for. He must have heard the finality of my tone because he contemplated for a second, went over to the drawer where we have the pull-ups and said, "Lightning McQueen?" I jumped at that. I went to the drawer were we have already been stocked with underpants that were Lightning McQueen and said, "Well, these underpants have Lightning McQueen on them too." I was shocked that he agreed with it. This is coming from a little boy who flat out refused to even contemplate wearing underpants for a few months. Even the mention of the word would almost cause a tantrum.

He has been out of diapers since. He has gone back and forth between underpants and pull-ups, but he hasn't soiled the bed ONCE since that morning. Talk about a complete turn around!

Hurray for my amazing little Bug!!!




















He wanted to get a picture of his "potty treat". So there you have it.




















As for an update on Squirmy. He is doing very well. He sometimes will refuse to eat unless I am laying down, which can get frustrating (like when we are out and about... I don't mind laying down to feed him while we are at home... *wink wink*) I think he might be teething, but I am still not for sure on that one. He has gotten enough control over his arms and hands now that hearing him suck on his fingers is a normal occurrence around here these days. When ever Squirmy is awake and happy, Bug will come and get in his face and chatter excitedly with him in what I like to call the "heavenly language". Bug still appears to understand such language. He hasn't quite grown out of that yet. :)

As for the adults in the home, we are doing good. Rocket Scientist has been able to get some overtime this week and that is good for our income. I am working hard in my business. Striving full out to get thirty faces in this month. And trying my very best to be positive. Even to do something I have felt was silly for the longest time. Positive affirmations. I hated the idea of saying such things like "I am 140 lbs.!" when it is most obviously not true. But in any case I have been striving to change my attitude. And that has been a huge blessing in our lives. We aren't so stressed and cranky at home anymore. It has helped me get over being upset when hard times arrive. I have also, amazingly have found sometime to get more done on my story, which has been a wonderful feat. :)

And so with that long update... I bid you... goodnight. :)

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow! Congratulations about the State Fair! I was wondering about that. And it is great that Bug is doing so well with potty training and Squirmy is doing well in general. Keep up the positive thinking! I used it for a summer and it really did make me more cheerful... sometimes outrageously so. :) Good luck with the thirty faces. With all those women out there, I am sure you can do it!

Deanna said...

cool! you sound like you've been busy! so proud of Bug for being such a big boy! I hope it's that easy for Grace.

Can said...

Actually, I was waiting for the State Fair post - even though I already heard the news. Way to go!!! I don't think I noticed the nice blue sky on the afghan before. Beautiful!

I love the state fair! I don't know if I've ever been in Utah, but it is a must for us here. We even went when Joshua was 1 month old (or less) 2 years ago. We have the Little Hands on the Farm here too! So fun!

YEAH for Bug!!!! Tell him what a great job he's doing (from me)! You never know when that potty training switch will flip, or what will trigger it. It's so nice when it does!

And way to keep be positive! I can even sense your great attitude through your posts. Keep it up!

Lots of love from here!!!

Can said...

forgive me for the typo in my last post. I meant to type: And way to be positive!

Lisa and McCord said...

YAY for pictures! You never post pictures. I love them all! ALL OF THEM! kids are getting so big. Jeez, what are we going to do with them all? Such cute pictures. I really enjoyed this post. Congrats on the state fair win, that is fantastic. You deserve it. Hope all is going well with you guys. glad to see that the family is all looking so strappingly handsome. =)

Adriene said...

Late, I know, but congrats on winning that ribbon at the fair! Am uber sad I missed seeing it in person, but it was nearly done when I last saw it, so I know it's fabulous! love ya!