Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Updateness

Hello all.

So... it has been a while, I know. Starting a business tends to take a lot of energy and time and I will be the first to admit that I haven't been spending it as usefully as I could have. But enough of that...

I have found a good way to explain one of the ways that Bug is OCD... not sure if he really is, but he sure acts like it sometimes. Probably only because he is a little boy and they like to know what is happening next. Anyway... he is very polite. "What's that you say?? A three year old boy... POLITE??" Yes. That is what I said. There have been times when I forget to say please (more often than not.... I'm much better at saying thank you than please) Bug will tell me to say please. If I don't say thank you for setting the table or some other act, he will insist I do until I comply. Good thing? Of course. Annoying thing? Of course. But then... there could be worse things he could be doing besides teaching his mom manners.

He also tells us to share quite frequently. Like.... "Share the cookies!" or "Share the candy!" You get the idea... lol

When Bug and Rocket Scientist are "rough housing", Bug has gotten it in his head that he can attack Daddy as much as possible and not be attacked back as long as Bug is "safe". So what he does, is attack Rocket Scientist, and runs back to me as fast as he can to be "safe" in my lap. When he does this, he runs back saying "safe! safe!" It is quite cute.

Squirmy is at a very cute stage. When he isn't screaming he is all smiles. I just look over at him and he smiles at me without any encouragement. He coos and just makes those adorable little baby sounds that everyone loves. It is wonderfully cute.

I have re-entered the "world of periods" and I'm not too happy about that. I really hate periods. Not because they are particularly horrible for me... I have known women who get cramps so bad during their period that all they can do is lay on a couch or something clutching their middle until it is over. I'm certainly not like that. I just don't like them because they are gross. Too much info men readers? It's ok... I'm done now. Except to say that when I started, it came to my realization that I have not ever been breastfeeding while having a period. Little Angel died too soon for that to happen, and I gave up breastfeeding Bug too early for it to happen as well. Yes. You read that right. Squirmy has already out lived Little Angel. Or I would rather say... out grown. But anyway... interesting how silly little things like that could point that out to me.

Another quick update thing... remember my winter cross-stitch scene? (if not the picture is on the side bar.) Well I was talked into entering it into the state fair. So I did. If you live in the same state as me... feel free to stop by and see it for yourself. Especially if you haven't seen it in person. It is much bigger than it looks in the pictures. I will be going down for that tomorrow since it is cheaper than going any other day. I'm quite excited. It has been a long time since I have been to a fair and even longer (never) since I have entered anything in a fair. We'll see how it goes. I'm sad that Rocket Scientist can't come with me, but with his work schedule... well... lets just hope he can get a different one soon.

And that is it ladies and gentlemen! Off I get ready for a MK appointment... tune in next time to see what award I got at the state fair!!! (that is if I get one.... :p)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm feeling amazingly fortunate that during breastfeeding, I have never had a period. Even while breastfeeding Lee, which was hardly anything at all, as he was mostly bottles...I would nurse maybe twice a day, for like 5 minutes tops. But now with Anna drinking like a fiend, I still haven't had a period. That means I've gone the whole pregnancy and first year without a period, and that is the COOLEST thing EVER! sorry if that's TMI for one comment...

Good luck at the fair! :)