Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Little Angel... among other things.

Sorry it has been a while. I haven't had much to talk about.

I started counseling again. I accomplish my assignments by talking to my muse. My counselor is pleased with the results that happen with that.

Despite the amazing month this is in the Mary Kay world, I haven't done much. Well... hardly anything. I have been making lame attempts to accomplish the goals I have. I can't seem to get my feet on the ground. I'm hoping that after I get my roller coaster of depression under control I can do better. That's the plan at least.

My brother got married. I can't believe it. Honestly. It seems crazy that my little brother is old enough to get married. His wife is really sweet. I really like her. :)

Tomorrow is Little Angel's birthday. We will be sending up two balloons up with notes on them. I can't believe it has been two years. Since we have had Squirmy in the home it has been so easy to accept that Little Angel isn't with us anymore. But then again... this day comes up and I remember how much I miss him. Which is healthy. I think. It isn't like I can expect me to just forget him. That will never happen. But at least it isn't overwhelming pain that sends me into numbness anymore. Squirmy has really been a blessing in our home. I don't know if I had mentioned this in here yet, but when Rocket Scientist gave Squirmy his blessing, he said that Squirmy would be a comfort and a healer in our home. Even before Squirmy's blessing, I could feel that. I only had one heartache from looking at him and remembering Little Angel. He really has helped heal my heart. If you want to send up balloons tomorrow as well you are welcome to do so.

Squirmy is growing up so crazily! He rolls pretty well now from tummy to back. He is one of the smilyest babies that I have ever seen. I think he is teething, but his attitude certainly doesn't show it. He is so content most of the time. It is crazy how much he smiles. But I sure love it.

Bug is being an amazing older brother. He'll play with Squirmy, give him his binky when he needs it, and just loves to help. A few things Bug has said recently have been, "Mom, that looks so nice!" I was putting tuna salad stuff on Ritz wheat crackers. Every once in a while he'll just come up to me, climb into my lap, give me a hug and say, "I love you!" When he bonks me, or Squirmy he'll say "Sorry!" almost immediately afterward. One day he asked for "green milk". He wanted the 1% milk which has a green lid and label. I thought I'd be clever and put a few drops of food coloring in the bottom of his cup. Then the phrase, "How'd he do that???" came up. That was mainly after Rocket Scientist changed his milk red. He is just such the cutest little guy, and I hate how his innocence could be shattered one day from some evil of this world.

I guess that is about it. Rocket Scientist is doing good. He is completely healed from the Swineness, and I'm doing ok. I think I have charly horses in both of my calves. But we are doing ok. I have found some new ways to help me calm my depressing times. One is to write. Another is to remember the Pixar short, Boundin'. It is the perfect thing actually. It is amazing how that simple message could help me so much. It it said so simply and yet it is a very strong message too. If you haven't seen it yet, look for it. It is the short that came with the movie, Incredibles.

So yeah. G'night.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I am glad things are getting better for you. I can't believe it's been 2 years either!! I am glad you have your squirmy and bug to bring a smile to your face and Rocket for comfort. I am sure angel is happy that you will always remember him.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing how things are going! Miss you!

Janene said...

I like hearing the sum up of the past little while. Sure do LOVE YOU! :o)

oh, and count this as a comment and go do your five situps. :o)