Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

My life

I found a poem on one of my friend's blogs that describes my life completely. Well... minus kids.
I sit at home on an office chair
With a desk that's filled with clutter.
"Why can't all this just be cleaned up?"
To myself softly mutter.

Of course I have no time to clear it,
I'm such a busy guy,
Must check my email, and check it again,
Visit facebook by and by...

See whats for sale on ebay
Maybe make a bid
For something I don't need
But I wish I did.

Must beat my score on solitaire,
Minesweeper, or pinball,
And once again check facebook,
Go write on someone's wall.

And of course I must go read the blogs,
Of everybody and their dog,
And to satisfy my stalkers,
I update my own blog.

And as you read this, you're probably grinning,
Because you know my words are true,
You're much too busy to get things done,
And your desk stays messy too.
And yet with all that, and me knowing this is true.... why am I still to scared to change and make my life more productive/fulfilling?? Is torturing myself really all that it's hyped up to be?

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Well, if you don't try, you'll never fail. But if you don't try you'll never succeed either.

Can said...

I think it's ok to become better a day at a time rather than all at once.

I started leaving my computer off until I really needed it for something.

Is everyone well? We've been praying for you! :)