Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Balloons

Once upon a time, there was a woman who was looking for more in her life. She didn't know where to look. She didn't even know exactly what it was she was looking for. She had already become what she had told everyone what she was going to be when she grew up. A mother. Yet she still felt that she was missing something. She felt like there was something more that she needed out of life. She felt that there was still something out there for her. But she still didn't know where to find it.

Then she met someone who gave her a dream. Someone who believed that she could accomplish anything she wanted. That she could live a fuller life.

She believed that someone. She accepted the dream and ran with it for a few steps. She then realized that she'd have to change to reach her dream. That thought terrified her. She dropped her dream.

A year went by. The girl realized that she was less content than she was before she had been offered the dream. She liked the idea of the dream. She knew the values of the dream were sound.

She decided to try again.

She hesitantly picked up the dream again after watching many women run past her with the dream in hand. Knowing full well that she'd have to change.

She slowly took a few steps. She then realized that she was holding onto something else. She looked up to see a balloon floating over her. She didn't know when she had grabbed it. But she suddenly realized that she was terrified of letting the balloon go.

She tried to function just fine while still holding the balloon, yet the simplest tasks became a trial. Dressing became a sudden hardship. Having to transfer that weightless balloon from hand to hand tired her.

She sometimes wished she could just let go of it. But the feeling that it was her life line would keep jumping back to her mind.

She knew what she needed to do to let go of the balloon. It was a simple matter of uncurling her fingers. She also knew that she couldn't live much longer with the simple balloon driving her crazy, and weighing her down. It caused stress in every aspect of her life.




I am going to start letting go of my balloon. One finger at a time. I don't know what my life will be like. I don't know how long it will take me. But I am going to do it.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

you can do it! I am here if you need me :)

chelsea said...

You are so good with words. It was good to see you yesterday...and hopefully I will see you on Tuesday. I believe in your dream! Smiles!

Azteroth said...

You go girl! Remember, you can do ANYTHING you CHOOSE to do. The ONLY thing that can stop you is you, so take a deep breath and go for it!
(Don't forget to exercise for my comment, hehehehe)