Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Greetings

Hello all once again! I know I have been kind of silent for the past little bit, but I wasn't quite sure what to write about. I have a wonderful husband, the cutest little son, and a wonderful family who has been way supportive in this dark time of my life. What more could I ask for? But I have written that already, so I just wasn't sure what to write. Here I go off on a tangent though, I was going to tell you all about my Christmas!

Visiting family like we are, we are not sleeping in our own beds. We spent most of the time with Rocket Scientist's family, and woke up Christmas morning at their house. My family had the opportunity to call my brother on his mission that day and our time that was set apart for it was between nine and ten. So, we woke up really early at Rocket Scientist's parents' and basically forced Bug to open all his presents as fast as he could go. He had a lot! We really would have had a great Christmas without the help from whoever it was who played Santa for us this year. After that we forced down a breakfast as fast as we could go, and rushed out the door without even remembering to take any presents for Bug with us (we were going to stay a couple of days with my family cause Rocket Scientist's family was going to visit his grandparents). We got to my parent's house in enough time to catch the phone call, and were very grateful for that. Bug did fall asleep on the way (the houses are only about 45 min. away...) though, we must have really ruined his beauty sleep.

Bug really had a fun time playing with his cousins that he doesn't get to see very often, and we really had a great Christmas. My sister even called from her long distance from us to make sure I was doing all right. We had a nice conversation and enjoyed being able to talk to each other for a little bit. I really miss her and her family.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, You have to be a very strong person to have gotten on with your life so quickly after such a terrible loss. I am amazed. May the Lord continue to hold you close.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! It WAS a nice chat and we miss you too! :)