Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Good and Bad news

Well, I'll give you the bad news first. Little Angel died yesterday of SIDS. We are quite devastated without our little bundle of joy. We are really grateful for our wonderful ward and family who have been a great support to us. We have been really blessed to be in such a wonderful ward and have such wonderful friends who are so willing to help with anything and everything.

Now as for the good news. It is actually kind of bitter/sweet, but I don't like to look at the bitter. I got a rocker! You know those chairs that are rocking chairs but not really cause they are more safe for little fingers? That is what I got! We found it at DI, and it was only $15! They are pretty pricey things, and we got one for only $15!!!!! Another plus, it is in GREAT shape! The only thing that is needing repairs is the fabric. It is way comfortable, and doesn't even squeak! Here is a picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about your loss. There's nothing I can say to make it better, but you will be in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Shay, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I know there are not words to make you better.

I can only tell you to grieve on your own time schedule, in your own way. Take any joy you can right now, any way you can.

Take care of you and the boys (dh and ds).

ann stoddard

Anonymous said...

God does work in mysterious ways. For some reason He has good and bad planned for all. I hope that this is all of the bad he ever has planned for you and hope that your life will flousish with greater things to come!