Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Snow flakes

Well, today was the very first day that I saw snow flakes. Don't believe me? Well let me go into my story...

As I started walking home from church today, I noticed right off the bat that it was snowing. Lightly snowing, but snowing nevertheless. Now don't get me wrong, I have seen snow fall from the sky, I am not deprived as that! My mom makes tats the prettiest snowflakes (if any of you reading this don't know me, I pity the fact that you can't see these beautiful things!)!! The closest I can get to explaining what my mom's snowflakes look like are those paper snowflakes that you make by folding up a paper and cutting designs in it.

In any case, I had only known those two kinds of snowflakes. I had never in my life actually seen a snowflake like that. I was shocked when I first walked into the snow today on the way home to see that something that looked like snow, yet shaped like a star was falling on the stroller! I actually had a brief moment when I thought that it must be the scenery people dropping fake snow in my movie. And in a way I guess that just might be true. But only the best artist made those flakes, and the most thoughtful of directors decided to through them out at me today. I even caught one on my tongue I was so excited about them. Rocket Scientist and everyone that I talked to on the way home thought I was crazy I guess, but I had truly and honestly not seen snowflakes. So delicate and beautiful, I was looking at my gloves, coat, stroller, and anything else dark enough to see them the whole way home. Go ahead, call me crazy, but if it weren't for these few times when we really appreciate nature and the beautiful world God made for us, I'm sure I would really go crazy!

2 comments:

Janene said...

I love it! I can't remember the place, but I remember seeing those for the first time too.

Eric said...

So, I first noticed true snowflakes on a ski lift one COLD evening at Brighton. I was totally wowed by it, too! And I couldn't stop looking at them either! (that is, until I had to get off the lift...)