Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Motherhood Tag

1. How long have you been a MOTHER? ~2 1/2 years
2. How many kids call you mommy? ~1 can say it, 1 who is still too young.
3. When you were pregnant did you know what you were having? ~Yes.
4. How old were you when you became a mom? ~20
5. How long were you in labor? ~Around 8 hours with Bug, and around 6 hours with Little Angel.
6. What's your favorite thing about being a mom? ~Enjoying those cute moments like the one I posted earlier. Well, all of them, but mainly the ones that let you know that you are teaching them right, and they are actually learning them.
7. What's your least favorite thing? ~Having those little battles with Bug (he is really trying to test us with his limits), and not knowing how to help Little Angel when he needs something. I hate not knowing what to do when it comes to calming my son down.
8. Do you want more kids? ~Of course!
9. Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip? ~We go down to visit our families frequently, but nothing big. We did go to Colorado when I was pregnant with Bug, but since we've had them, the farthest we have gone is Tropic. (down by Bryce Canyon National Park)
10. How many times have you been peed on? ~More than once, but I really don't remember how many
11. How many times have you been barfed on? ~Two stand out, but there might have been more. One went all the way down me since I was standing, and Bug was also bawling cause he just smashed his finger. I wasn't sure what to do, clean up myself and the floor, or calm Bug down (Rocket Scientist was gone at the time). The other one was just into my hands, but I was pregnant and just about barfed myself. Thankfully, Rocket Scientist was around that time to help me.
12. Are your kids named after someone? ~Bug's middle name is after Rocket Scientist's middle name, and Little Angel is the fifth one, so... well you do the math. His first name.....probably not. Little Angel's middle name is Rocket Scientist's first name, naturally after my wonderful hubby. As with Bug, Little Angel's first isn't after anyone we know.
13. When is the last time you had a sitter; What did you do? ~Thanksgiving, we went to Wal-mart...yeah, sad huh?
14. When your kids gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? ~Me I guess. Sometimes Rocket Scientist does, but a lot of the time his disciplining doesn't jive with mine.
15. What is the longest you have been away from your kid(s)? ~A couple of hours. Since Little Angel was born, I've been tied to him, so on the rare occasion we get away, it isn't for very long.
16. Are your toes painted right now? ~Nope, but I didn't do that normally anyway.
17. Last movie you saw in theater? ~I have no idea.
18. One thing you will not give up just because you're a mom: ~Probably handwork. I love to cross-stitch and knit.
19. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom? ~Trumpeting. I really miss performing, but I do ant to find some group I can be in. I really want to be in the Orchestra at Temple Square, but that is still up in the air.
20. Favorite Cartoon: ~Little Einsteins
21. Favorite Snack: ~Fruit Snacks
22. When the kid(s) are napping, you are: ~Either napping too, blogging, or housework.
23. Where is/are your kid(s) now? ~One is in my arms (I'm typing one handed...), the other is following Rocket Scientist around (it was amazing how quickly Bug turned onto a daddy's boy after Little Angel was born).
24. If I could do it over, I'd do this differently: ~ Be more patient, and spend more quality time with Bug. I worried too much about housework and didn't spend enough with Bug.

Now your it!

1 comment:

Azteroth said...

hey, i know this is a bit old, but in regard to your trumpeting... Ogden has a public band thing that you can just go to, you don't need to audition or sign up or anything, you can just show up. It's called Ogden Concert Band and rehearsals are Wednesday nights at Weber state. There are concerts on the first Monday of every month. They perform at various other things, too, like 4th of July concerts and whatnot. I know Ogdens a bit of a drive from Logan, but it's worth a thought. :) Jason and I want to start playing in it again, too. It'd be fun to have you there. :)