Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Forgot

The past couple of weeks, my parents have come to visit me and my family. Both times they brought fresh tomatoes from their garden. We went and got some bacon at the store to celebrate with the wonderfully amazing sandwitch, THE BLT!!! Honestly, whoever came up with that had his head on strait.

While I was growing up, my parents never bought tomatoes at the store, since we grew at least 2 rows of them in the huge garden in the backyard. That next to the 5 rows of corn and whatever else suited our fancy. I insisted that we try watermelon one year, and they didn't get very big. In any case, up until I had gotten married and moved out of the house and started to try to eat better, I had never in my life had store bought tomatoes. Or at least known that I had.

After I got married and had tomatoes from the store I thought nothing of it. Then my parents came up with their tomatoes. And honestly, I didn't need to put salt on them! They are SO GOOD!!! I don't know how I'll go back to store bought tomatoes after this. I didn't notice a difference between the two until I went back to the fresh. I was shocked. They are so good I could just wash them off and eat them like an apple.

We just finished a dinner of BLT's again, and oh, my..... SO GOOD!!! I am definately growing tomatoes in a pot out back next year. I don't know if I will ever go a year without growing tomatoes now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I totally hear you on the tomato thing. Home grown are THE BEST! Now, you've made me crave a BLT. I think I'll have one for lunch . . .

Lisa said...

We had BLT's again for dinner last night. I'm getting kind of depressed thinking about the frost and the last of them for the season. :( oh well, better enjoy it while I can, right?