Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Story writing

As a lot of my family knows, I am writing a story. Right now I am enjoying writing and invisioning how I would draw the pictures (cause it is actually a manga) and not really sure if I'll do anything with it. I'm having friends and family read it, but that is about it.

In any case, when I first started with it, I had a dream about the three main characters and how they met. I loved the dream so much that I didn't want to wake up, and when I did, I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget. I have been writing since. The weirdest thing about this story is that I don't even know what is going to happen in the next chapter. I just keep writing and the characters tell it for themselves. There have been at least three times in my writing where the characters cause a "gut-renching" thing. Either from their own stupidity, or just the fact that something happens in the story that is really moving and makes you want to keep reading. Those parts are the hardest to write.

I remember one time where one of the main characters did a very stupid thing. My hands hovered over the keys, not wanting to write it, but knew there wasn't any other way. That happened with another main character (the main characters are only teen-agers so they have the right to make stupid mistakes. Didn't we all when we were teens?) did a stupid thing. I didn't want to write it but yet there was no other way.

I just wrote a section that was harder then either of those. I'm not sure if it will be in the story because it is a different person's view then the main character, but I needed to know what would happen. While I was writing this, my hands were shaking and that made it hard enough as it was, but yet my heart was beating so wildly, it was really hard to write. It was one of those pivotal moments where everything just seems to fall down and get so dark, because sometimes you have to see the darkness before you can appreciate the light. After I wrote it, I laid on the couch and rocked myself back and forth...yeah, kind of sad huh? It was that horrible of a thing to write about. There just wasn't any other way, and if I would have found another way, it wouldn't have worked quite as well.

Anyway, just wanted to get that out.

My story is now 113 pages and 17 chapters not counting the section I just wrote that may or not be in the story. Well, what I mean is it will happen, but I'm not sure if it will be written that same way, since it is in a different viewpoint.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That is so interesting. I've often heard writers say that the characters just materialize and tell their story like that. I've always thought it would be fun to write a fiction book. I just don't have the gift for that. At least not yet.

Parrish Family said...

WOW! I didn't know you wrote. It sounds very exciting.

Azteroth said...

The best stories, I think, are the ones where the author can let go enough to let the characters be themselves, no matter how difficult it can be. Congrats! You'll have to let me read it sometime. :)

Deanna said...

I've had those kind of dreams but I never take the time to write them down. Congrats on keeping up with it, I usually give up after 50 pages especially if it is dark and I don't want to go on. I've had a bit of writers block for a long time now, the basic plot is there but the motivation isn't.