Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday morning blues.....are GONE!!!

We have been having a hard time since our ward changed times. Bug likes to sleep in. Which is good on like a Saturday morning or something, but not quite so great for Sunday morning when church starts at 9:30 and I have to get to church on time cause I'm the ward chorister. Our ward changed times the first Sunday in August casue we live in a student ward and it changes different then everyone elses.

Since Rocket Scientist is working graveyard, on the weekends when he doesn't work, he has to keep up his schedule, so he stays up all night. He can get ready for church while we are all asleep. He did that today cause we had to go early for a choir rehearsal. He forced me awake, and I got in the shower wondering what we were going to do today to get Bug up and ready for the day. Keeping in mind that Bug insists especially on Sunday for some reason that I dress him. It isn't very helpful for any of us cause Rocket Scientist is already ready and I still need to get dressed and put together. Rocket Scientist is the perfect person to get Bug ready, but the past month or so, Bug throws a fit whenever Rocket Scientist tries to do anything for him.

Surprisingly enough, after Bug came wandering through the door rubbing his eyes (he is kind of like me when it comes to waking up...) we actually got him eating his food without too much trauma. It was after that when the real test was to come. I was still putting on make up and I still needed to do my hair when Bug was eating. I was trying to get all the things done that I'm still learning how to do (blow-dryer... make-up... jewelry... things girls usually learn when they are a teenager but at the time when I was a tom-boy...) and do it fast. After Bug was done eating, I was surprised he let Rocket Scientist change his diaper. But he insisted that I dress him. I wouldn't stand for it. I was still trying to do my hair and I needed to brush my teeth as well. This was around 15 mins. before we had to leave. Bug was running away from Rocket Scientist cause he wanted me to dress him. Then the wonderful idea came to me...

Rocket Scientist and Bug love to play "hide and seek" in the house. They chase each-other around and have a wonderful time. I love watching them. And I thought... why not do it with clothes in your hand? I told Rocket Scientist to make a game out of it, and he caught on to my idea in a flash. He chased after Bug and got the rest of his onesie on (the snaps on the bottom) and Bug fussed and wined and came running to me. I gave him a quick hug and he saw Rocket Scientist running past in a come-get-me way, and Bug knew that run. I put him down and Bug started chasing Rocket Scientist. The first couple of items of clothes he got on him Bug had to come back to me for a hug cause he was upset that Rocket Scientist got another item of clothing on, but eventually he caught on to the game. Instead of screaming and anger and frustration flying through the house, we heard laughter, and giggles, and love filling the darkest corner. I was so proud of myself, and hopefully (now that we figrued it out) Sunday mornings will be like this from now on, and not tantrum central.

3 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

Good idea!!

Janene said...

sounds like fun! Isn't it nice that kids love games? You can get them to do lots of things, as long as it is a game.

The Cooks said...

Hey finally I got to look you up. I stopped blogging when I started working but was so happy to see you found us. Sorry it took me so long and I can't wait to read all your posts and ad you guys on. I am happy you are blogging and will keep track.