Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'm so blessed!

Last year, you may remember my post about it if you have been reading this that long, Rocket Scientist and I were "sub-for-Santa"-ized. Sometime between Little Angel's death and the funeral, we had a knock at the door and I answered it to see a man I hadn't seen before carrying a huge bag.

Dialog:

"Hi, you don't know me, but someone back there told me to give this to you guys." The man said.

"Oh... thank you!" Was my surprised answer.

He smiled warmly. "Merry Christmas." And handed over the huge bag full of gifts.

One year later, here I am sitting at my computer wasting time, prolonging the inevitable of cleaning my house and cooking a meal for five, I hear a rustling outside my door. It sounded as if someone was attaching a bag or something to my door. I hesitated, not sure if I was hearing correctly, but decided still to peek out the peephole. I did see two people there, and one of them had his(?) hand close to my door. Then with my hand pressed to the door as well, I felt and heard two knocks, and the people left. I didn't really get a good enough look at their faces to know who they were, though which they are probably grateful(?).

I hesitate as I watch him(?) walk away without waiting for me to answer. After he(?) was out of site, I slowly open my door and what to my wondering eyes should appear... wrapped gifts and food, not only to put in stockings, but also to eat right now. Soup, fruit cups, and gifts for all of us names (spelt right, I may add, except the "e" at the end of my name) on the packages.

I stood there in shock as I realized that we had been "sub-for-Santa"-ized two times in a row. I can only assume it came from someone or a group of someone's in my ward, and if they are reading this... my heart is filled with love and warmth. I'm not really sure if we're blessed or if we are just being spoiled by our wonderful ward, but still... I am truly grateful.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

that's so great! I love doing that kind of stuff...it wasn't me. I do have a few morsels for you though. I will try to bring them by before Christmas...will you be home?

Anonymous said...

So glad to know you're being so well cared for!

Janene said...

That is neat! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas :o)