Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and Christmas updates

Ok, I know that I haven't been writing about our holidays, but really... everyone's is pretty much the same. "We visited family, the food was amazing and we had a really fun time" pretty much sums it up.

Still... why do I feel guilty for not posting about it? Whatever, here goes...

Thanksgiving:

Rocket Scientist amazingly got the whole weekend off (cause his line ROCKS) so no problems there. We left Wednesday to headed south to the southern end of the state I live in (you know... trying to be conspicuous and all that...) to visit Rocket Scientists family. Both of his parents grew up down there (in different towns) so that is where his grandparents live.

On the way down we got a call from Rocket Scientist's dad saying we should stop somewhere before we get to our hotel in the celebration town because it was snowing pretty bad. We took his advice. We stayed in a nice (yet cheep... is that possible?) hotel that even had a pool and we might have dove in had we our suits, and bunckered down for the night. Oi... that night I hardly got any sleep. I had a pounding headache, it was a different bed than the one at home, and with all that... the people above us were awake and really loud at 5 in the morning... Sure they had kids (you could hear them pounding around as they ran) and I can understand that... but they sure didn't seem to try to get them to be quiet. Around that time I begged Rocket Scientist to get me some Tylenol (which he should have done the night before when I started feeling the headache come on) and the small bottle is in my purse still.

We made the half hour trip down to our destination and started with the festivities. As always in blogs, the food was great, the company was delightful and we had a great time. I am slowly, ever so slowly getting more comfortable with his family. I feel like it is taking me forever though...

Boy, I talk a lot... I'll try and summerize the Christmas update better.

Christmas:

Having visited Rocket Scientist's family for Thanksgiving, we spend the majority of Christmas with mine. Both of our parents though live in close enough proximity that we can visit both in one day... just a more hectic day.

Once again, Rocket Scientist got the whole weekend off. We left Wednesday and went sledding with my family in freezing cold weather thanks to the wind. Boy, I hate wind... Oh, right. Christmas update... I'll get back on it.

Uh... after dinner with my family, we hurried and packed up as fast as we could waiting for the person's family whose car was behind us who was waiting for the person's family whose car was behind THEM so we could hurry down to Rocket Scientist's parents house so me and my sister's-in-law could glue the rest of the calendar pictures to the calendar for his mom. THEN drive back up to my parent's house to sleep for the night. Boy was I tired that night. Good thing too otherwise I would have waited up for Santa to come.

Christmas day came and went filled with present openings and loud grandkids. Bug finally started to understand what presents were, but not to the extent where he was opening other's presents. Thankfully he only opened the ones I gave him to open. The rest of the weekend was filled with games with both our families and too many sweets. I also had a get together with some high school friends and we had a fun night together laughing at the memories.

Sorry once again for no pictures. We brought our camera down but just like us... forgot to take pictures. I was kicking myself for that. Anyway, hope yours was great.

1 comment:

james said...

Love the elf video!!!