Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Life

Life is funny sometimes, you know?

A month goes by and I realize that I had neglected my blog, not to mention my readers. I do apologize.

So here we are. Our one year lease for our apartment has come to an end and we feel the need to move on, so a majority of my time is dealing with all aspects of moving and as for Rocket Scientist, he is trying to find a job elsewhere. Wish us luck.

As for the kids, they are doing well. I can't believe that Baby is becoming less and less like a baby. He will be one in only one month. CRAZY! Bug is already four (I missed posting on that... sorry once again) and he is having issues sharing pretty much any toy with Baby. Not to mention that Bug is extremely particular, and if Baby plays with anything or messes up anything Bug has a fit. He is really into doing "drama queen" type fits. So much so that he claims that he can't use his legs anymore and he has to have someone carry him. It is quite vexing to me seeing as my back is usually hurting and I have a hard time carrying such a heavy boy.

Quick summary of what has happened the past month and what we all have been up to:

Rocket Scientist has been working hard as always. Right now he isn't only working hard at his current job, but also looking into a better future for us. With a new job, a new place to live, and a new career. It is very possible for us to join the Air Force, but for now going back to school is the first step. And finding something to support us while he goes to school. I may soon be bring in some income and we are looking for different ways for me to do that as well while still staying at home with the kids.

On that score, we'll move onto my life. I have recently decided that though I love the people I was working with in Mary Kay, the products, and what Mary Kay has to offer people I just cannot do this sort of job. So. I am going to be selling the product back to the company and starting a fresh with something else that will hopefully bring in income. I am not going to counseling anymore because there really wasn't much more for us to talk about. The last few sessions dealt with coping strategies and I just have to put them to use. Currently I'm fuming because of our upstairs neighbors who pound on the floor when the TV is hardly loud. It seems like she wants us all to use headphones at all times because seriously. I can't hear the TV outside of my door let alone in the farthest place in our apartment from it. So I'm fuming and know I should use something to calm me down, but I am currently enjoying being mad at her. I can't wait until we are in our own place!

Besides being a mom, I have been looking into places that we can live. There are some pretty nice mobile homes that we are interested in, and since we have never bought a home before, we are learning more about the many different aspects and things that we need to do before it actually happens. Sometimes I wonder if just renting an apartment again would be easier (it would), but then I hear the upstairs neighbors pounding on the floor once again and think, "I will do ANYTHING to not have to live with that again!"

I also have been working pretty consistently on my story, and enjoying almost every moment of it. It is kind of hard to enjoy when I am in a writers block, but nevertheless, I'm still quite surprised at how much better the writing has been this time around. I'm interested to see how it ends up. My muse is mean and doesn't let me think or brainstorm about it unless I'm writing on the computer. :) A few days ago though I realized that if we were planning on moving out this month (we are) we should probably pack our stuff. So I'm trying to put my story on hold. At least when the sun is shining.

Bug, like I mentioned before, is now four. I am kinda freaking out about the fact that he will be going to school next year. CRAZY! He is learning more and more, and I am quite shocked about how much he knows. We have been teaching him simple math and the like, and he knows how to spell a few words. While I was packing up books the other day and writing "Books" on every side of every box, he asked what the word said. From that point on he could read 'book'. With my writing streaks that occur, he seems to want me more and more, and I try my best to split time up between writing or playing on my computer to playing with him and doing chores.

Baby is crawling around like crazy and gets faster and faster everyday. He also is pulling himself up to his knees, and is currently experimenting with his feet. One of these days I'll walk in to get him out of his crib and he'll be standing. I'm kind of dreading that day. :)

Overall, life is good. I have learned a lot about myself while living in this apartment, and through counseling and such. There are some people in this ward that I will miss, but like I said above, we feel it is time to move on.

And that, my friends, is your general update from your favorite blog writer. ;)

Look to more later. I'll try harder to post more, but seeing as we are packing and stuff, please be understanding.

2 comments:

the mathematician said...

Hey! I enjoyed your post! Thanks for sharing. Looks like an adventure is about to begin!

Good luck with the decisions and events ahead! You know, with Bug approaching school age, the schools may be one thing to look into if you're looking for a place to buy.

Oh, and for the 4-yr old with legs that don't work, I vote - leave him where he's at. You may need a creative solution, but don't hurt your back! As Mom would say, "Hurting your back is not allowed."

Love you!

Shay said...

I would leave him where he is at, but he actually inches around like a little inch worm. Or maybe a caterpillar. Whatever the case, he follows me around whining and complaining. It is quite vexing.