Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Refresh

So, having read through old posts, I forgot that I didn't update you on things that I told you I would. (will connect links to refer back to said posts.)

So, my first EVER plane ride!

I talked a little bit in one of my last posts about my vacation to visit family. But I failed to say anything about the plane ride. Let me tell you. It. Was. AMAZING!!! After we landed I turned to my mom (like I had done many times on Rattlesnake Rapids) and said, "Can we do that again?" Or even better, "How about we just sit here on the plane and wait for the next ride."

The clouds were beautiful. It was the perfect day to fly. When we took off, we flew right through and past partly cloudy cumulus clouds. You know. The ones where you look up at them and think, "That looks like a rabbit." Those are the clouds that I have ALWAYS wanted to see up close, and I finally got the chance. It was seriously amazing.

Every time I felt a little movement change in my gut, I would peek out the window to look at the wing. Likely I had looked out the window for half the ride (of a 2 hour plane ride). Thankfully we were on a smallish jet (to and back), and I was always next to the window, my wonderful parents switching with me when necessary.

Oh, how glorious it was. I think my heart belongs in the sky. :) Had Rocket Scientist been there he probably would have chuckled every time I would peek out the window again. His dad was in the Air Force, and his first plane ride was when he was 1 week old. Funnily though, while I had envied his life, he has envied mine. He had never had a place to call "home" like I had.

Funny how that works huh?

Also in that same post, I had contemplated posting poems that I had written, and then I decided against it. I'm sorry if you were looking forward to them. Writing a story as I am, I am presumptuous enough to think that the things I write may be good enough to publish someday. Maybe I'm just reaching for a star, but I think it would be cool to have my name on shelves. Even if I do just make a handle. It would still be cool. Suffice it to say that the poems I wrote seemed good enough to me that they may be good for something someday.

It was also a good enough thing to write about.

Another thing I thought of after I posted the last post is that I had decided something.

I may not be worthy enough to pray, or good enough, or important enough to listen to, but I do know that I want to be with God again. What I have wished and longed for more than anything in my life is to be hugged. Just a simple hug from Jesus. When I was a child in primary I always wished for the second coming to come when I was still a little girl for the chance to go up to him and be blessed. Now here I am with kids of my own.

I know I need him and want to be with him. So though I may be banished or ignored, I will do what I know I need to to return. My efforts may be fruitless, but at least I am doing what I have been told will get me what I need most.

And that will have to do for now.

Comment with aspects of my life or other things that I may have said I would update you on or anything like that so I can be reminded. I will try my best to please. :)

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

the mathematician said...

Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear more about the plane ride. So glad you enjoyed it so much!

Despite what you may feel, you are ALWAYS important to the Lord. Not only that, He WANTS to listen to you! So keep on trying!

You are a wonderful person! I love you!!!! (but not nearly as much as the Lord does) :)