Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A month and a half later...

Hello once again. School is out, commencement has occurred (grats once again, little bro!!) and life has returned to somewhat normalcy.

By the way... I love that word. Normalcy. :)

Things are happening, we have big plans for our house, most of which probably won't happen this summer. First project (and likely only project to happen this summer... if it even does) is build a fence around our property. There is a back fence, and a fence on one side, but not the other... and we kind of are thinking of wanting to put a fence in front too. We also want to put a sprinkler system in, but well... I am just realizing/wondering if it would be better to do one before the other...

Our lawn needs a ton of work. Weeds and various kinds of grass popping up every which way. We even found mint growing by the house, and have since learned that it spreads... need to barricade that in or just take it out I suppose. But we don't really want to take it out. Pro Boxer is all excited about making mint tea...

In any case, that is life in a nutshell.

Now onto other things.

First a question to all you mothers of young children out there: Does Sunday seem to have more tears than any other day?

However your Sundays are, mine seem to be filled with more tears than any other day of the week. And don't tell me that it is because I don't let them play on the computer or the Wii on Sunday. Those things haven't even been an issue the whole day.

Goof Ball wants to snack on candy or flavored milk all day, and when I don't let him... screams. I try to play a board game with Bug, and then Goof Ball comes up to the table and tries to play with the pieces. I can stand that to a point, but eventually the time comes for me to intervene. Intervening = screams. I get out coloring books to distract them so I can spend time cooling my anger from all the Goof Ball screams. Bug comes in with me to color something. Goof Ball follows. Goof Ball then makes a point to stand on Bug's coloring book (so as to point to the flavored milk that I won't give him anymore) and what happens? Goof Ball slips and tears out a paper from Bug's coloring book. Torn paper of Bug's = screams.

Are you getting the idea, or do I need to go on?

Goof Ball also decides to put crayons in any small hole he can. His ear, his nose, the key hole to my roll top desk, his mouth..... you get the idea. The crayons got put away. Crayons being taken away = you got it... screams. So I send them downstairs to watch a Sunday movie so I can really cool off and prevent myself from getting violent. Bug comes up soon with his little sob/whine. I roll my eyes and prepare myself to hold back the anger again. Apparently the DVD he was going to put in had been broken by none else but.... you guessed, Goof Ball. I sigh and say, "I'm sorry." and send Bug back downstairs to put in a different Sunday movie.

Fuming and angered... I come on here, the only place I feel I can get my anger out healthily. I'm sorry you had to read about it, but really... this is what this blog is about. Venting, and helping others. Well, supposedly.

A bit of good news in all of this. During one of the moments of extreme anger (I had actually yelled at Bug for crying over the stupid ripped coloring book.... I hadn't actually yelled in a very long time) Bug comes back in to tell me that he prayed for Heavenly Father to help me not be mad. Nothing makes Bug sadder than me angry. Yeah, that melted my heart just a bit. But then, being ... well a tired and very emotionally strained mother, I got mad again soon after that and overreacted (negatively) towards Goof Ball for eating the crayon.

Save just getting this all out, I don't really know why I am telling you all this. I bet the last thing you want to read is a horrible day of mine. But... (prepare yourselves...) this blog isn't just for you. (gasp!!) I really needed to get that all out. Maybe just from doing that, I won't explode as easily the rest of the day. *crosses fingers...*

All that said, and the fact that school is out, I hope to post more often. Less negative venting posts, and more happy 'my kids are so cute' sort of posts... don't expect me to give you one like that now.

Oh... have I TOLD you? For the second semester in a row, all my grades are over a B. Which is saying something for me. It isn't that I am a flunker, but well... I am overjoyed that my classes are over a B. All of them. Some people get relief from all A's, yeah. I get happy over everything over a B. If I got all A's I would probably faint and think the teachers were drunk or something when they submitted my grade.

There you have it. I ended on a happy note. Now go off and have a better day, because I think (hope?) that mine will be.

3 comments:

Tony and Anni said...

You're not alone on the Sunday thing Shay! I hate Sundays right now Elizabeth is a nightmare all day, and I spend pretty much all of church walking around with Devin who won't let you sit down! We dread it every week! I feel so bad but that's life for now!

Anonymous said...

No, you aren't the only one with bad Sunday's. But can I tell you, your line about not yelling in quite a while...way to go for you! Sometimes I feel like I am yelling constantly. So if it took all of that to make you yell, you are an awesome Mom!
I think kids can sense Sunday is a different day and they aren't quite sure what to do about it. Maybe that is why we all have a hard time. Good luck.

Me said...

I have no experience with bad day Sundays with kids, but I think it's actually pretty normal...

As for your house plans, I say - YAY! I would choose a fence over sprinkler systems... much less expensive. Maybe you could close off just the back yard to keep costs down. As for the mint, you could always pull it up and plant a little in a pot for Pro Boxer. Problem solved!