Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tweedle Beetles

I have been sitting here wasting time on other sites and things telling myself that I wanted to post something. And I do... really.

I just don't know what to write about.

Goof Ball turned into "Annoying Ball" this morning, so I fear that I won't be able to talk about him without ranting, which I did last post and I didn't want to do it again this time.

... To say it bluntly... I just don't know what to do.

The past few days (ish) have been interesting... For almost the entirety of last semester of school I didn't really get mad at the kids at all. Somehow. Yes, they did bug me and yes they did prevent me from doing my homework sometimes. But somehow I didn't get overly angry where I worried that I would take my anger out in ... well ... less than ideal ways. I'm starting to wonder if maybe we are just seeing too much of each other and that causes the stress and anger? I sure hope not.

In any case I want to be done with this topic. So how bout we talk about tweedle beetles?

What do you know about tweedle beetles?

Well when tweedle beetles fight, it's called a tweedle beetle battle. And when they battle with paddles, it's called a tweedle beetle paddle battle.

And before I approach copyright laws, I better stop there. (learn all about tweedle beetles in Dr. Seuss' book Fox in Socks)

Let's just say that my tweedle beetles are very cute, and sometimes they battle with me... and sometimes they battle with themselves. (when they battle with me, it's called a tweedle beetle momma battle... and when they battle with each other it's called a tweedle beetle brother battle.)

We had some fun mirror times yesterday, so I'll finish with that I suppose. The cute side of the tweedle beetles:






Finished sweater!!! (yes... I made that.)


And last but not least... latest finished project. A quilt for Goof Ball (sorry the picture is tilted. don't know how to change that... on blogger at least):

3 comments:

Janene said...

a tweedle beetle brother battle! Oh, we really need to read that book at our house again, I know we could have such fun with the word plays.

And then maybe the kids would find the humor and stop the battle. :o)

You're doing awesome! If you get a fence then you can get a dog. (ha ha)

The quilt is so great, thanks for putting a picture on of it. Love you

gusDon said...

It was in this world, with a child ... I thought of my niece, she is so beautiful and seeing all those activities that always invite inspiration .....

Pictures are nice, I like this!

Me said...

You're so crafty! Love the sweater, and the quilt is darling. My future kids will have to rely on extended family to get stuff like that! ;)