Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The feel of home

It was glorious to finally get some decorations and things hanging on our walls. Somehow that just makes this place feel like home more than anything else could.

Oh, little did I know....

Flowers are blooming and blossoming. Lilacs are finally starting to show their color and open the little buds. And yes. I have a lilac bush in my back yard that I didn't know about until it started blooming. My mother loves lilacs. She has two "walls" full of them. Lilacs are the smell of home for me. When I was out back the other day and spraying roundup on those awful prickly weeds, I saw the lilacs for what they were the first time. And yes, I went over and took a big wiff of them, and it felt like home.

Most of the bush is growing on the other side of the fence, but there are some sprouts that popped up on our side. The property on the other side of the fence is somewhat questionable... there is a house, but closer to our side of the fence is a rundown building. The yard also is overrun with weeds and... a lilac bush that just wanted to live on our side so bad...

The other day (probably the same day I found the lilac bush) I heard a familiar sound and felt like I was truly at home. The wonderful caw of a peacock. Yes, a peacock. And, yes, I did caw back at them. They live near me somewhat and I hear them from time to time, sometimes I caw back at them, and most times when I do, they don't respond. But still... another aspect of my childhood home that I love. We plan to put a fence up on the other side of our property and line it with lilac shoots so that it will grow to glorious goodness.

Not everyone can make a peacock sound. Maybe I'm just one of those lucky people who grew up with them in my backyard. But then, my brother Pavlov has one of the best Donald Duck impersonations that I have ever heard. And I doubt he grew up with Donald Duck hiding in his room.

2 comments:

Janene said...

lilacs always remind me of mom :o)

Me said...

Hee hee - you're hilarious! I love your last paragraph.

Funny, because lilacs remind me of my childhood too. Another way our homes growing up were the same.