Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween and other things

Maybe because I am so busy working on things, I can't afford to be depressed? I have heard from people that if you work on something creative, that helps boost your mood. That may or may not be true for me. Even if it is however, though I am working on creating things right now, it doesn't really help my spiritual health. I have been more emotionally positive? Maybe? Except for the basketball game I had to go to last weekend...

That aside, here are some projects that I have done in the past week.

Bat costumes (both finished in one afternoon):



Bat costumes made out of a towel, pleated, and a wash cloth attached for the hat/ears. Very simple project. Simpler than I thought it would be. A little more difficult than it should have been because of my poor sewing machine that needs a check up.

Next project. I'm a member of TBS (Tau Beta Sigma), which is the band service sorority, and we hosted a Halloween party last night. Everyone needed to contribute something to give away as prizes for various things. I chose to make this to donate:




Tis a scarf. A very warm, and very wide scarf. I didn't intend it to be that wide. Next one I make will be skinnier. I also made a hat to go with the scarf, made with the same colors. I knitted both the colors at the same time, giving it a heather kind of look. I forgot to get a picture of it.

TBS is hosting another event this Saturday, and once again.... I'll be spending a lot of my time knitting this week as I did last week. I do not, however, have an essay to write this week, so hopefully I will be able to catch up and keep up with my classes. Japanese, I particularly have to catch up with... too much vocabulary I need learn.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

the mathematician said...

Love the bat costumes! I've made hooded towels very similar to that, just without the ears. Now your boys have bat towels to enjoy!!! Love it!

Love the scarf as well!

Love you too!

Thanks for sharing!