Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

In which Shay discusses potty and gpa and other such things

Potty first on the list, know that we have been trying to work Goof Ball into underpants for quite a while now, but he is so stubborn (very like his mother) that he always refused it - viciously.  And he seemed even more able to get what he wanted (diapers or pull-ups) when Pro Boxer tried to get him to go potty, so as I was always very busy with school and homework, we weren't very successful.

Yet now - only about a week since my graduation, Goof Ball is already going potty.  I don't know what it is, maybe me and him have butted heads often enough that he knows that he can't win over me... but when it was me forcing him to do the potty thing, he did it.  We butted heads, surely - especially at first - but even just yesterday HE was the one to come upstairs and tell us he needed to go potty.  He has been in underpants the past two nights as well and hasn't wet his bed.  The only accident he has had (in his underpants at least) has been the other end of the spectrum, and that was because we didn't realize that it might be a bit too early to take him to the store in underpants...

So if we have learned anything from this experience with Goof Ball is that what was said on "Honey, I Blew Up the Kid" was right - "Daddy means fun.  Mommy means business."

And then graduation - yes!  I am a free woman!  I have taken more naps in the past few days than in my whole past semester.  I don't know why but I have been really sleepy lately.  My only thoughts as to why have been this: I had been so stressed out and sleep deprived that now that I am free, my body is like "Ooookay.... now you can be as tired as you want and catch up on some zzzzz's!"  Which I am kind of okay with.  Though I'm going to try and actually do something today instead of read, sleep, or work on my story.  Laundry is on the list of things to do.

And finally - gpa.  For the past few semesters, I have ended the semester with a 2.98.  I have never much cared for numbers, not really caring what I graduated with.  But then again, I have always assumed that I was a 3.0 kind of girl.  I never thought that I got bad enough grades to be in the 2 range.  And as the past few semesters always ended on a 2.98, I was really wanting to catch up those last two .01's and just end with a 3.0.  This semester, I had four music classes and four major classes (three English ones - one Japanese (so I could get a BA instead of a BS)).  Three of my major classes posted grades and things on canvas - a cite that I can sign into and check grades, download homeworks... etc... so I kind of knew what I would end up with on those classes, and I knew for a surety that I would get perfect A's in my music classes.  So.  Four A's from music classes.  When the grades slowly started posting, I saw that two A's from music classes raised the gpa only one .01 making it 2.99 and I was really sad.  At that rate, four A's wouldn't add up to what I thought would be four B's and still end up with at least a 3.0.  Then a few more classes posted the grades, and what do you know, in my one English class that didn't post the grade on canvas, I got an A for that as well.

All things added up, it looks like I'll be graduating with a 3.01.  I got 5 A's, one B, and two B-'s.  That is my gpa from my entire college experience, Music Major time and all.  My gpa for my degree only, is a 3.10.  So..... three shout outs for me!

I was thinking about this as I was falling asleep last night and I remembered at how this second college time started.  It was kind of a sudden and late decision, and because of that, I was surprised that I was able to get in all the classes I needed, and that I was even able to get a grant.  I was worried about the grant part - it was the end of July when I decided this, and I assumed that all the money would have been divided out already.  Not only was I always able to get into the classes I needed to, but I never failed a class.  I had only about 3 C's in the whole three years, and looking back in my transcript when I was a music major - it is kind of amazing that I only got 3 C's (as there are many D's and even F's in those music major years).  Many semesters my lowest grade is a B- or a B.  I have never been a 4.0 kind of person, and grades have often been the last thing on my mind, so for me... it is kind of a miracle these last few years.  Some people may think that I'm exaggerating, because those grades aren't anything to be like (O.O) over... but seeing as everything that I had on my plate - with kids, and house, and my wonderful husband getting even less sleep than me... it really is kind of amazing - especially with me being the carefree kind of person that I am.

I was thinking about this as I was falling asleep last night.  And I could think of nothing I could say to the only person capable of blessing my life so much.  The same person I have been pushing away so he didn't bless me - I know I am far from worthy of any such blessings.  But I guess - worthy or not - if I ask or not - even if I purposefully turn away from him - he will still bless me, and all I could think was "Thank you."

3 comments:

Jodi Warenski said...

Congrats on your strong finish! And yes, no matter what you do in this life, unconditional love is still unconditional. He will always love you!

p.s. I love your new photo by the way.

Janene said...

two great pieces of news! Well, three actually...

1. underpants. We love underpants!!!!!!!!!!
2. 3.01. That so totally rocks, squirt! :o)
3. you said "thank you." That matters.

Love you!

the mathematician said...

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!

There are your 3 shout outs and I mean every one of them!!! Way to go!

How were the Oreos?