Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Of dishes and french bread and front teeth

Yesterday was a busy day despite what this:
looks like. The yellow is to do - and notice only three of them have -'s next to them. That said... there were a LOT of dishes to be done and I did 90% of them in about half hour increments breaking it up with the cross-stitch and reading.  There was also lots of tidying up to do, and that also got done for the most part, though that was with the help of Pro Boxer.  And I got up and walked with a friend yesterday, so it was also good that way.  All of that after a day of kenpo yesterday and I'm actually genuinely surprised how much I was able to do.  Though - all that dishes washing really started to put a strain on my arms/hands.  Carpel Tunnel and dishes do NOT go well together.

And recently I have been doing a lot of typing getting the recipes written in a file on the computer so we can have them more organized instead of in multiple different recipe books.  And apparently I have a lot of bread recipes - and typing them all up.... I found that it made me really want to bake something.  So I invited a friend over yesterday and we made
these delicious looking things.  One of them I turned into garlic bread and we still have the other - which also may turn into garlic bread for dinner tonight.  They turned out better than I expected.  Actually I didn't really mean to bake them to that amount of brownness... and I also took them out 9 mins early.  I was just passing by the stove after helping with tidying up downstairs and thought to myself - I should check on the bread to see how it is doing.  And they were dark on top - just like you see them and I was like - That's not golden brown! ... just a little more golden than I was imagining.  So I took them out, worried that they cooked too fast on the top and the inside would still be doughy.  But it wasn't the case - turns out it was actually very well done. (in a good way - not like they were burnt. ^_^)

We sent Bug out to school with a pretty loose tooth because I wasn't willing or we didn't have time to pull it out.  When he came home from school, he had a tissue with him and told how much his tooth was wiggling now... and well - yeah, we ended up pulling it out.  And as usual - he forgot to put the tooth under his pillow the first night, so he'll have to remember tonight, I guess for the tooth fairy to come and give him his dollar.

Personally, I was affronted when I realized Bug was getting a dollar from the tooth fairy.  I only got a quarter for my teeth.  But I decided that it was probably inflation that caused such a thing until Pro Boxer told me that he got a dollar for his teeth - and he is even OLDER than me.  What's with that?  I didn't realize the tooth fairy played favorites.  Ah well... here is a cute Bug who now wishes for his two front teeth for the 4th of July.

1 comment:

the mathematician said...

Cute picture! (Of Bug, not the bread - that one is a yummy picture!)