Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today's report:

If you will notice, these are the same lists as the ones in my previous post - just slimmed down, cause we all know that I talk a lot on here, and add unnecessary things and I decided to take those off for the sake of my sanity. *ahem... the things on the list that have a - next to it are ones that I did today. Note - there are more -'s next to words from the need to do list (I have them color coded... yellow was the least favorite of the colors I could pick from... the next worst color would have been orange, but that wasn't an option... and obviously, I love blue.)  I am thinking I may make the item "housework" into multiple things as I don't mind tidying up nearly as much as I hate dishes... and "housework" is somewhat vague.  I won't get too specific (clear off the coffee table in the front room and wipe it down, and etc....) but just main categories - tidy up, dishes, laundry... from there I'll decide what room I'll tidy up or whatever.

And now... feast your eyes on my newest lovely thing!
Ahhhh..... it looks almost prettier in the picture than real life.  But it dongs.  And it ticks (and on battery power no less - I don't have to remember to always make sure it is wound), and the pendulum swings (note in the pic, it is even a little blurry).  And even after it fell off my wall around 1:00 am and the top wood work fell off.  There are some other parts of wood that may have gotten damaged... but I was astonished that the mechanics of it still worked.  It made me start feeling bad for antique stores 10 or 20 years from now.  What from our generation would actually survive that long?  Whatever happened to making quality things instead of worrying about quantity and how much profit there could be by using less quality products to make the item?

Well anyway - now it is posted on a nail instead of a command strip (*ahem... I learned my lesson... heavy beautiful clocks should not be put on command strips - they just don't have the capacity to hold lots of weight....) and hopefully it will be able to survive much longer in my house, because I have always wanted a clock like this.

1 comment:

Janene said...

I really like your clock!

And good job on the doing things "thing." :o)

love you