Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Monday, May 12, 2008

ARRRRRRRRG!!!!!

My "perfectly sweet and adorable child" is driving me nuts!!! If any mothers out there who are reading this please help me?! Bug is hitting. Not others, not friends, grandparents, baby-sitters or anyone else. Just me. Rocket Scientist gets it too occasionally. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!!!?!?!?! He is in "time-out" right now, but he isn't taking it as a punishment at all! He is in there playing, and doesn't care a wit if I take him out or not! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should just leave him in there and not let him have dinner? I don't know?! He is driving me crazy, and I really don't know what to do. I have never liked the idea of spanking. I don't ever remember my parents spanking me, or punishing me physically at all. Part of me thinks that to teach him not to, he needs to feel what it is like, but another part of me says that if I don't want him to hit, that I should teach by example. I am in tears almost, and I have tried everything that I can think of. I even slapped him on the hand today to teach him that it doesn't feel good. A whole lot of good that did... I've tried to tell him that Jesus doesn't want us to hurt each other, I have tried time-out, but nothing seems to work. So, now that I've vented, I am going to repeat the post title...

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, S.L., we all have those days with parenting. I'm sorry. I would love to give advice, but, darn it, aren't we all in this trying to figure it out with parenting boat together? I believe that, as with all these frustrating phases, this too shall pass. In the meantime, I'm a softy, so I lean toward saying, give him more love and attention.

Anonymous said...

Those wonderful kiddos really push us to the max sometimes, don't they!? I'm sure you'll figure it out. Prayer can help.

Love you!
Can :)

Amy said...

Oh, I had an idea while Isaac was repeatedly slapping me on the arm during breakfast this morning. I held out my hand so he could give me "five" instead. It seemed to diffuse the situation.

Azteroth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.