Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Truce

It would seem that me and Bug have had a truce. You remember my angry posts about hitting. Well, now if he feels like hitting something, he goes in his room and walks around hitting the walls. I'm fine with that. It isn't hurting anyone but him, and if he wants to hit walls, go ahead I say. I'm kind of excited about it because me and Rocket Scientist were trying to teach him that everyone gets mad sometimes, and a good way to get out that anger without really hurting anyone is to go somewhere alone and scream or whatever and calm down a bit so you can act more rationally. Now I'm not expecting him to act rationally, but I'm glad that he goes to his room when he is mad to calm down a bit. There are times when he deserves a time out of course, but those times, we put him in there and put a gate across the door so he can't come out unless we want him to. Still, if he is having a tantrum, we give him the option to stop so he can come out. I'm glad that he can tell the difference between time-outs and "scream time" (as we call it....).

No comments: