Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

40 lbs + 2

I would have posted this last night, but it was late and I was tired.... here's the story.

Rocket Scientist is currently working at a cheese factory. He lifts cheese and moves it somewhere else, though I don't know all the details. His first night home from work his arms were so dead that he said it hurt to drive home. I'm glad he got home safe. I massaged them as best I could (how do you massage arms anyway?) and the next day at work was much better and he could actually use his arms when he got home. I'm actually quite glad that he is working there despite the hours because his arms really needed a work out.

He came home and surprised me once again like he did the first night he came home but his arms were working fine this time. He brought home two 40 lb chunks of cheese. I was shocked. I had just spent the last 30 minutes cleaning up and organizing the house and all that was forgotten. I was only slightly upset that he didn't notice. My first thought was, "Where in the world are we going to put all of this!" then soon after "Why in the world did he bring this home!" then, "Does he expect me to eat it? Is he CRAZY???". That last thought was obvious since I knew he was, but I never expected 80 lbs of cheese to come walking in. Usually wifes appreciate a gift when their husband comes home but it is usually something that smells nice, red and has greenery on it.

Then I got the story. The cheese factory was planning on throwing this particular cheese out though I'm not sure why. I guess around the edges were going bad or something, but can't you always just cut it off and eat the middle? In any case, I proceeded to find somewhere in our fridge, that looked pretty full to me, for all this cheese. Rocket Scientist thought it would be interesting to see if I could pick up a 40 lb block of cheese, and I did and put it in the fridge after moving other things. Amazingly enough they both fit in our small fridge with all our other food. Rocket Scientist called me Sherah (sp?), but I said I was a Mary Kay girl. Makes me wonder just how well we are using our space in our little apartment too. Now we will proceed to get ourselves sick of pepper-jack cheese (I've never tried it and never planned to, and still don't plan to. The name doesn't sound very appealing to me). I will try to remember to make a video of Rocket Scientist cutting it up and post it for you. Or maybe I'll just take a picture of our fridge...

Cheese anyone????

No comments: