Can I have some?

welcome to my blog.

a place to post. a place to eat oreos. a place to vent. a place to heal.

i started this blog so i could use a different outlet besides munching on fattening oreos. as if that has done any good... *mind wanders to oreo package in the house...*

then i realized that oreos can be semi symbolic. if you are are that crazy about oreos that is. which... i am.

eating oreos is therapeutic for me. when i am struggling or when i need a pick me up. they have chocolate. and sugar. both of which help lift my mood. not to mention that i eat them soaked with milk, which is my miracle drink.

i post my posts to not only get stuff out. there may be people who read my blog who have been in the same kind of situations as i have. i hope reading them and knowing that others have gone through things like i have, will be to you what eating oreos does to me.


and yes. i didn't capitalize anything in here. i just felt like it. deal with it.


munch up.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dr. N

Yesterday I went to Dr. N's office for an appointment. I decided to get my IUD out and start again with another little one. I was wearing my MK pin hoping that someone that I ran into would notice and say something to the effect, "I wanna buy something!" The only one that noticed (or at least said something after he noticed) was Dr. N. We just chatted about MK and he told me about his connections (he had connections???). It turns out that his sister was a consultant, but not just a consultant. She was probably a national director from how high he was saying she was. She died 11 years ago. Then a SuzAnne came along and married Dr. N's widowed brother-in-law (are you lost yet??). SuzAnne is also a MK girl and also a national director. I started to wonder then (especially when he said she was in Denver) because MY national director's name is SuzAnne. And yup you guessed it, the same SuzAnne.

There was a marketing dinner that night, and me and My Sister From Another Mother were sitting at the same round table with the three directors in my area. We got to see the unprofessional side to them, and it was quite interesting. I turned to my director and told her part of the above story, and asked if our SuzAnne was in Denver. She interrupted me and told me to tell it to Arianne, and that was a little intimidating because first it is Arianne (our Cadillac Sales Director....she's won SIX!!!) and second because now the whole table was listening. I said the above story and right when I mentioned Dr. N's name she knew where I was going and finished it for me. That was how I figured out, and I also learned that Dr. N is against tummy tucks. I'm really not surprised.

To get to the reason for this story, near the end of my appointment with Dr. N, he was really encouraging me and telling me that I really could do it and do well in this business. It meant a whole lot more coming from him then from my directors mainly because they are my directors. If I do more sales, they get more commission and they are already up there. Oh, and I just barely met them. How do they know if I can really do it or not? Dr. N has been a great support through two pregnancies, healing from abuse (during those two pregnancies), and the death of Little Angel. He has been really close to putting me on depression medication, but never had. And he would have made me if he didn't believe that I would be fine. In any case, I was really elated coming out of that office that day for two reasons.

One: I could get pregnant again.

Two: I CAN succeed in MK! And I WILL!!!

And to finish off this miraculous day was the Marketing Dinner at Hamilton's with WAY TASTY FOOD!!! and I got a ride in the car I will win someday (preferably in this year), a Pontiac G6.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! Sounds like quite the exciting day! I'm glad you are feeling so pumped up. You'll do awesome.

Janene said...

Hooray! I believe in you too! :o)